uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 25 - Michigan

Took care of the ball.  Took good shots.  Passed up good shots for wide open shots.  I agree with Jake, that was the best 15 minute stretch by far this season.

Michigan is not well coached.  They go by Switzer's philosophy.  It is more about the Jimmy's and Joe's than the X's and O's.  If the Jimmy's and Joe's play well, they will beat you.

We are finally catching a deserved scheduling break.  Not only do we get a much needed week off but Penn St. is embarking on a grueling week.  At NW tomorrow, flying back home for a game against Michigan St. on Wednesday and then flying back out to Lincoln for a game Saturday.  That's a great setup for us on Saturday.  Their legs should be pretty tired and allow us to jump on them like we did Michigan today.  So, rest up, keep the momentum going against Penn St. and then roll into a winnable game at Indiana.

Very entertaining first half. Very enjoyable game overall, except the rather large lady who showed up halfway thru the first half and sat next to me while double fisting drinks - every time a Husker player would take a three she’d raise up her glass and spill beer on me. She also knocked a beer over and it spilled all over my coat, which was located under my seat. Oh well, at least she had fun, if she can remember any of it tomorrow morning. GBR

22 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Very entertaining first half. Very enjoyable game overall, except the rather large lady who showed up halfway thru the first half and sat next to me while double fisting drinks - every time a Husker player would take a three she’d raise up her glass and spill beer on me. She also knocked a beer over and it spilled all over my coat, which was located under my seat. Oh well, at least she had fun, if she can remember any of it tomorrow morning. GBR

Blame it on the team.  They made her sing early today.  Usually she can’t drink until a lot later.

2 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

What an ass kicking. Michigan didn’t stand a chance. 

Can we, ya know, for once… follow this up with a run?

Get a week of rest, recuperation, and rejuvenation. I like this team's resolve after things didn't seem to go their way. They re-group pretty well. GBR

13 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Capped our longest losing streak at 2 consecutive losses. Looks very attainable to keep it that way for the rest of the season. Quite remarkable, if you ask me.

What's even more remarkable is that Nebraska has broken several long losing streaks in 2023-24. Maybe it's only remarkable because of how bad NU was those first 3 seasons of Hoiberg & Co. All in all, though, winning -- when NU hadn't been winning much against certain good programs -- is a good sign:

11 gm to Michigan St.

8 gm to Michigan

7 gm to Purdue

7 gm to Northwestern

7 gm to Kansas St.

(could have been a 7 gm vs Illinois, but alas..)

Edited by AuroranHusker