Rumour du jour: Possible Jordy Transfer

hhcmatt

Here is the deal, there is confusion.  The confusion is not the fault of the fans, and it doesn't appear to be the fault of the team or the coaches.  One individual chose to create the confusion.  So if there is angst towards that individual, if there is speculation, if there are assumptions or rumors, it is because of the actions or non-actions of that individual.  This needs to be cleaned up without further delay. 

I am trying to remember anything like this happening quite like this.  I guess the closest is the Biggs situation.  But again, it needs to be resolved now!  And oh, that was a heck of a finish to the Viking v. Saints game today.  I wonder of Gene will be refereeing our game tomorrow night!

10 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Here is the deal, there is confusion.  The confusion is not the fault of the fans, and it doesn't appear to be the fault of the team or the coaches.  One individual chose to create the confusion.  So if there is angst towards that individual, if there is speculation, if there are assumptions or rumors, it is because of the actions or non-actions of that individual.  This needs to be cleaned up without further delay. 

I am trying to remember anything like this happening quite like this.  I guess the closest is the Biggs situation.  But again, it needs to be resolved now!  And oh, that was a heck of a finish to the Viking v. Saints game today.  I wonder of Gene will be refereeing our game tomorrow night!

The closest thing I can recall (different sport) is Eric Crouch and the rumors that he was leaving the team as a freshman IIRC.  He came back and had some noteworthy accomplishments.  

I prefer it be done quickly, but if the coach and the team take him back, I'm ok with that.  

I like Jordie but that was a slap in the face to his team mates. If he decides not to go and the team finds a way to give him a pass and accept him back to the "brotherhood" then he better give 100% to this team. I believe we have a real shot at post season play and an even better shot next year. Team chemistry is huge and that was a very selfish move by Jordie. I know he is young and I probably made some pretty selfish moves when I was young as well. I wish Jordie the best and I hope he somehow makes it right with his team mates and we win some games going forward. I guess time will tell. With or with out him I think we have one of the best teams we have had since the Danny Nee days and I think the future is bright for Nebraska basketball! GBR!

Sharp and Benning were discussing it this morning and basically said Jordy shouldn't be allowed back. If he is allowed back, they thought he should sit for a while. I'm not sure what to think of this whole situation the more I think about it. Selfish definitely comes to mind. The timing of this all couldn't be much worse.

1 minute ago, jason2486 said:

Sharp and Benning were discussing it this morning and basically said Jordy shouldn't be allowed back. If he is allowed back, they thought he should sit for a while. I'm not sure what to think of this whole situation the more I think about it. Selfish definitely comes to mind. The timing of this all couldn't be much worse.

That seems about right. He's not going to just Larry David his way back on to the team.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/larry-david-re-enacts-how-he-quit-saturday-night-live

Jordy's twitter account liked the @HuskerHoops offical tweet about the game tonight too.  This is a very puzzling situation as everyone has already mentioned.  Timing is strange, tweets are strange.  I'm not sure if it is going to end up with him back here or if there are some twitter games along with it.

IMG_3268[1].PNG

Edited by 1sdpad2

10 minutes ago, hhcdave said:

Glad he is coming back... but won't lie to you - am a bit peeved, as I feel it cost us the PSU game, and that could have us in the NIT instead of the NCAA.

Either way, welcome back... hope its for the longhaul and not just until the summer.

You just about have to have steel nerves to be a coach nowadays, don't you?