2024 B1G Tourney

16 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

We’re locked into the tourney and we are not going to Dayton. So I’m going to relax and enjoy the game on Friday. Feels like the first game in months that isn’t a must win. If we win, awesome. If we don’t, that’s just one more day of rest and recovery before the big dance. 

What kind of talk is this?  No chance we lose on Friday.  We'll have a big first half on Saturday, similar to today. After that, we'll see how it plays out. GBR!

To be honest, Wisconsin's and Northwestern's demise couldn't have worked out better since our team's schedule opened up in the same time-frame. At one point, UW was 8-1, and our team at one point (after losing to NW) was sitting at 6-7. Amazing to see our squad at 3rd in a tie-breaker at 12-8, while UW ended at 11-9. Crazy...

9 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Over on the IU board, they are really excited about their draw, their “likely” scenario of playing on Saturday, and are talking possibly sneaking into Dayton.

Lot of confidence for a team who was swept by both Penn State and Nebraska.  I guess 4 wins against middle of the pack B1G teams will do that to you.

They need a few wins to sneak into the NIT. The only way they're going to the NCAA tournament is by winning next Sunday.

Anyone have any experience or recommendation on the best way to get B1G Tournament tickets? I'm thinking of waiting until Wednesday night or Thursday to see if I can snag some reasonably priced tickets off a fan of a losing team.  Is that too much of a risk? Am I better off trying to get tickets now?

3 hours ago, HuscurAdam said:

Anyone have any experience or recommendation on the best way to get B1G Tournament tickets? I'm thinking of waiting until Wednesday night or Thursday to see if I can snag some reasonably priced tickets off a fan of a losing team.  Is that too much of a risk? Am I better off trying to get tickets now?

I just bought some at noon on axs.com

They were all already resale, so I got robbed.  I just got the best availabke tickets for the cheapest price.  Upper bowl were $90+ too

$116 per ticket, but I got 5 in a row in the lower bowl in the corner.

Edit: I probably should mention I also paid $136 extra for the stupid fees

Edited by big red22

23 minutes ago, big red22 said:

I just bought some at noon on axs.com

They were all already resale, so I got robbed.  I just got the best availabke tickets for the cheapest price.  Upper bowl were $90+ too

$116 per ticket, but I got 5 in a row in the lower bowl in the corner.

Edit: I probably should mention I also paid $136 extra for the stupid fees

You'll have fun, regardless.  I'm thinking it was the Big 8 Tournament in 1982 at Kemper Arena.  Three of us went down the night before and stayed at some hotel. We're in the bar having a cocktail, and in walks Dick Vitale.  My friend from New Jersey, yells out, "Dick! Come over here."  We bought him 2 drinks and he didn't know squat about Nebraska basketball.  Later that evening, in the restroom, there were some K State fans who were talking that basically said can you imagine how good Nebraska will be next year when they get Hoppen?  Of course, we lost a low scoring game to Kansas State, but had no problem getting rid of our tickets for the next games.  

I think our tickets were 20 bucks each and no fees.  🙂

1 hour ago, cipsucks said:

You'll have fun, regardless.  I'm thinking it was the Big 8 Tournament in 1982 at Kemper Arena.  Three of us went down the night before and stayed at some hotel. We're in the bar having a cocktail, and in walks Dick Vitale.  My friend from New Jersey, yells out, "Dick! Come over here."  We bought him 2 drinks and he didn't know squat about Nebraska basketball.  Later that evening, in the restroom, there were some K State fans who were talking that basically said can you imagine how good Nebraska will be next year when they get Hoppen?  Of course, we lost a low scoring game to Kansas State, but had no problem getting rid of our tickets for the next games.  

I think our tickets were 20 bucks each and no fees.  🙂

Ahhh! The good old days.  I used to try every year to go to a Regional or First and Second Round, which I preferred getting to see 8 schools, but the prices for a guy on fixed income has become excessive.  Plus, TV schedule makes you miss some game time when the arena is cleared after a session. It’s just not as fan friendly anymore.