2024 Portal Watch

1 minute ago, Po n Tse come to Nebraska said:

Does Hoiberg continue to search for a stretch four in light of the news about Mast's redshirting?

I would have imagined that this came as no surprise to Hoiberg. And if that's the case, he would have been planning accordingly anyway.

But who knows.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

I'm wondering if we can get away with Griffiths playing at the 4, especially when Meah is on the court.

As the roster stands now, he would probably have to.  Williams would be playing quite a few minutes there as well if they don't get anyone else.

17 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

As the roster stands now, he would probably have to.  Williams would be playing quite a few minutes there as well if they don't get anyone else.

We'll likely add another forward to the roster, but if we don't Juwan can play all of his minutes at that spot. He's been a 4 his entire life until the last half of this past season. 

When Juwan was a starter at Alabama, the other starters went:

6'1"  175 lbs

6'3"  175 lbs

6'3"  200 lbs

7'0"  220  lbs

That was an Alabama team that was ranked as high as #6 in the country during that season. 

If we roll out a lineup of Rollie, Essegian, Brice, Juwan and Meah, that is plenty of positional size plus a rim protector. 

If we start Juwan at the 3 again, we had better add a skilled sharpshooter at the 4 spot. There's not nearly enough perimeter shooting in a lineup of Rollie, Brice, Juwan, Allick-type, Meah/Morgan (I know we think Morgan can shoot it, but he has made a total of 17 threes in 85 career games). Guess that's why I have Essegian sharpied into the starting lineup. He averaged 12 ppg as a freshman for freaking Greg Gard. He will be unlocked under Hoiberg. 

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I would have imagined that this came as no surprise to Hoiberg. And if that's the case, he would have been planning accordingly anyway.

But who knows.

Your imagination is correct, this wasn't remotely a surprise.   Chicago Bulls docs connected to Fred have consulted on Reink's knee problems.

25 minutes ago, _young1 said:

This appears to just mean On3 didn't have much respect for our roster:

“On3’s Team Transfer Portal Index utilizes the On3 (P)erformance score to measure a team’s production during the transfer process, compared relative against its roster and not a comparison against other schools. This proprietary algorithm determines if a school has improved its overall team talent, stayed the same, or declined in talent during the transfer window.”

Also of note...they list C.J. Wilcher (whom I respect and admire as a person) as a 4-star transfer, so take those rankings with a grain (or heaping spoonful) of salt.  

17 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Dirk Dirkin'

I had the same reaction as all of you'd did, but maybe that's just based on Dirk's history as a festering wound.

However, I have to admit this is not exactly the offseason I would have envisioned either: Mast out for next year, Lawrence and Rice leaving, and a transfer class that's good, but not great. 

Be honest, when the season ended, didn't all of you think we'd have Mast and Lawrence back and our success this year would lead to great tranfer pickups?