2024 Portal Watch

well, that statement is what a grand and a lawyer get ya these days. 

the dude I want to recruit is the guy that writes his own and it's like this: "yeah, I did it. And it was awesome. And if you recruit me, I'm gonna do it again. Now bring me some new shoes. "

Not obsessing about this but doing a little digging. You might call it due diligence. He was the 2nd player dismissed from the team. Not sure if the two situations were connected yet. I'm probably not going to look much further for now. However, his highlight vid is nice. This kid is really athletic, really skilled, and really cocky. Lotta swagger. As a PG, I would certainly fear seeing the ball stopping in his hands, which is NOT our system at all.

15 minutes ago, AGHANSEN said:

Here is another guy to keep your eye on.

Obviously he isn't in the portal yet, but I would almost guarantee he will. 
Thomas could win Big Sky player of the year.

Just pray that Creighton won't be involved.  

image.png

He would need a waiver and I doubt UNL or the blue team would recruit him. Good kid, glad he is doing well but do not think he is a P5 guy.

5 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

He would need a waiver and I doubt UNL or the blue team would recruit him. Good kid, glad he is doing well but do not think he is a P5 guy.

I disagree.

I think he could be a solid P5 guy.

Dalton Knecht, transferred to Tennessee from Northern Colorado and put up similar numbers to Thomas and Knecht has arguably been BETTER for Tennessee. 

Knecht stats below.

image.png

57 minutes ago, AGHANSEN said:

I disagree.

I think he could be a solid P5 guy.

Dalton Knecht, transferred to Tennessee from Northern Colorado and put up similar numbers to Thomas and Knecht has arguably been BETTER for Tennessee. 

Knecht stats below.

image.png

We can definitely agree to disagree. I saw his game up close all summer long. Very confident in my thoughts but I’ve been wrong more than a few times in my life. It would be his second transfer as he got no time at Chicago so unless he grads early he needs a waiver

22 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

We can definitely agree to disagree. I saw his game up close all summer long. Very confident in my thoughts but I’ve been wrong more than a few times in my life. It would be his second transfer as he got no time at Chicago so unless he grads early he needs a waiver

If the 2nd transfer rule still exists for next season, which is definitely in doubt.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Between him not being involved with recruiting and keeping Cam Mack from attending St. Johns have to think that Matt A was one of the few bodies not thrown under the bus by Slick Rick.

59 minutes ago, nustudent said:

I’ll take a William Kyle from SDSU and Saint Thomas if Gary or Williams moves on 

Kyle intrigues me, plays hard and very athletic. Good replacement for Jo but no outside shot at all. Don’t think Saint is a P5 guy but could be wrong. He’s improved a lot but not sure it’s enough for the big 10

31 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

Kyle intrigues me, plays hard and very athletic. Good replacement for Jo but no outside shot at all. Don’t think Saint is a P5 guy but could be wrong. He’s improved a lot but not sure it’s enough for the big 10

With Mast being able to shoot, you can get away with Kyle/mast lineups. Ideally they work on his shot a bit, but not a necessity. 

I would like him also honestly. 

39 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

Is it too soon for a "play a pickup game with him" joke?

C'mon, laugh.