uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 28- Minnesota

14 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

For those wondering if Coleman is locked in… kudos to him.  Even though this is a CJ videos he’s still up and going nuts with the guys.  

CJ did that a couple times last night after Gary made 3's. One time he came out on the court during a break to greet him doing the same gesture. One of the funniest things I've seen on the court in a long time!

45 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

For those wondering if Coleman is locked in… kudos to him.  Even though this is a CJ videos he’s still up and going nuts with the guys.  

I also noticed that Boogie's body language was better yesterday.  I am sure he is disappointed not to be in the rotation but I think he is at least starting to accept that and enjoy the run his teammates are having and his less visible role in helping make that happen .

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

Been happening all season. 

But, fwiw, weren't both of Bryce's latest Lob attempts off of KT passses? Got fouled last night. 

Yeah. It was really noticeable early on. Much less so recently. I've come to the conclusion that it's not animosity, but their styles of play just don't mesh together as well as they could for whatever reason. 

I think it was the 1978 Yankees that easily won the pennant and the World Series. I have heard read that somebody said that when that team landed at home after away games they went in 32 different directions. Hell they traded punches in the locker room and in the dug out. 
What I am trying to say is as long as the goal is to win you don’t really have to like anybody else on the team. 🤔

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

This ^^^100% this^^^.

I was concerned about his play earlier this season in games where play was more physical.

He’s been a key component during this 4 game winning streak, especially on the boards.

Speaking of our defense we seem to be just a step quicker on our close outs. Fewer opponent wide open 3’s. Overall just better team defense. Things are starting to gel at just the right time.

Others have said it, the OSU game feels like we are playing with house money.

For once the conference schedule has worked in our advantage.

Minny had a lot to play for and we shut them down, especially their bigs. That was surprising to me.

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:
3 hours ago, huskerkid21 said:

unfortunately for our haters/doubters/jayskers... this team is locked the f*ck in. 23-8 incoming

That would be all alone for 2nd most wins in a season by a Husker basketball team EVER.

Just for some historical context.

It's also 4 more wins than Scott Frost ever had in five seasons at Nebraska. Just for some completely unrelated but seemingly humorous context.

1 hour ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I think it was the 1978 Yankees that easily won the pennant and the World Series. I have heard read that somebody said that when that team landed at home after away games they went in 32 different directions. Hell they traded punches in the locker room and in the dug out. 
What I am trying to say is as long as the goal is to win you don’t really have to like anybody else on the team. 🤔

Yup.  Probably the most famous and successful team that had deal with chemistry issues. You should read this classic if you haven't already. 

220px-The-Bronx-Zoo-Lyle-Sparky.jpg

15 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

My boy was in the hospital due to something outside of his control when the two of us sat in that hospital room & watched on a 20" TV that horrible gut-punch of a ballgame against NW, with opposing guards Boo Buie & Ty Berry htting dagger 3 after dagger 3 whilst mocking Keisei every chance they could. I was livid for a lot of reasons outside of our control. I was just mad and everything sucked. But God's good all the time. My son is starting to heal from his ordeal and on the road to recuperating, and we've been able to attend every single game this season together.  It's been a remarkable time to be resilient and have so much resolve, just like the NU team we cheer for.

To be honest, my 16 y.o. son is my hero. He hasn't blamed anyone or anything for his misfortune or any of his trials or troubles, instead he bucks up in the midst of pain & anguish and keeps his chin up even though he hasn't been able to fully participate in his H.S. sports thus far in the spring season. He is able to start back to his spring season, albeit generally from the sidelines, but his upcoming surgery has finally been set for about two weeks from now, after the regular season, coincidentally. And, after that, then he ought to be able to slowly get back to doing what he loves, soccer, he's played it since he was around 3!!

Not to have this post become too personal, sorry about that... but it is kind of personal to us, I'm saying all this here because I realize that Nebrasketball has been kind of a God-send in a time of fear & unknown circumstances in our lives, and we have made sure to be there at PBA for everyone else we sit by & we cheer our little hearts out for the 2023-24 Huskers -- and watch all the away games together -- because we freakin' care. It's been a fun ride. let's keep this rollin'!! GO BIG RED!! Let's buy our dancin' shoes!! GBR - and we love HHC !!!

Glad to hear that your son is on the rebound. Get well soon AuroranHusker Jr.

39 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Yup.  Probably the most famous and successful team that had deal with chemistry issues. You should read this classic if you haven't already. 

220px-The-Bronx-Zoo-Lyle-Sparky.jpg

That is where I remember it from. Great book. Really told how Sparky was done as soon as they got the Goose who’s curve ball was faster than Sparky’s fast ball 🥴

5 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Yeah. He's raw but there's definitely some potential there and the athleticism to back it up. Question is will he develop sufficiently between now and when Rienk graduates to be able to step in and not have us drop off too significantly at that spot?

I see Matar as a replacement for Allick rather than Mast. IMO, he definitely fits the role of a big who brings defense/rebounding/energy more than a skilled big who can shoot and facilitate. But he adds more of a rim-running and lob threat and better rim protection than Allick. He could definitely be a nice weapon if he continues to develop.