2024 Portal Watch

1 hour ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I wonder if brazile went back to Arkansas because we were no longer recruiting him or if that was the plan all along from his camp. 

also no idea what the basketball program has for NIL but from the guys we have gotten or Atleast gotten on campus for visits it has to be a healthy amount. 

To get Coach Cal, Arkansas reportedly had to offer up a Brinks truck of NIL, so I’m sure Brazille was trying to squeeze out some big bucks. 

9 hours ago, 49r said:

We have guys on our roster now who have transferred in from conference mates:

Iowa
Wisconsin

Rutgers
Washington

UCLA

Plus one from Utah.  That's 6 power conference transfers in.  Not sure if that's good or not but we will certainly have lots of guys with power conference experience on the floor this year.

I think it could be a really good thing that the trajectory of prospects is not teetering on hit-miss but more likely how high their ceiling truly is. Onward and upward as Nebrasketball appears to be on the rise.

10 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

I think it could be a really good thing that the trajectory of prospects is not teetering on hit-miss but more likely how high their ceiling truly is. Onward and upward as Nebrasketball appears to be on the rise.

Exactly. Isn't it amazing how our 2023 HS recruiting class last year was #184 Eli Rice and NR Matar Diop...

And now a year later in retrospect our 2023 HS recruiting class is #36 Berke Buyuktuncel, #67 Gavin Griffiths.

39 minutes ago, LincecumFan said:

I vote for roscoe. Not sure why, I just like the name roscoe!  😄

Story behind the name.

Got first car back in 1979 as freshman in high school. It was a 1972 Ford Galaxie 500 with a 429 4 barrel and was originally used as police interceptor. With a first name of Russ and Dukes of Hazzard tv show my high school buddies dubbed me Roscoe. Been using for nearly 45 years and there are people that think it is actually my name and have no idea who's Russ?  

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

That's a good point...the name on the back of the jersey has to be their HHC handle name and their jersey number is the years they've been contributing to HHC.

Pfft cornfed #24-7 it is.

Lacks fundamentals, no lateral or straightline speed, stamina will be an issue.

12 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I'd almost assume that because his twin brother is at a D-1 school that his grades were ok and that he was at JUCO working on his game to get an offer.  If that is indeed the case, is it possible he could reclassify to 2024 or do you need to complete two years of JUCO? Given we have a 2024 scholarship it seems worth asking.

12 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Does he have a twin with a nearly identical name? Because there was an Abdi Bashir from Omaha that played at Monmouth last year, and I’m having a hard time understanding how he could have been in two places at once. I assumed Abdi was a nickname for Abdul, but now I’m wondering if these are two different people. 

Edit: @hhcmatt indirectly answered my question with a post at the same time. 

Edited by aphilso1

5 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I'd almost assume that because his twin brother is at a D-1 school that his grades were ok and that he was at JUCO working on his game to get an offer.  If that is indeed the case, is it possible he could reclassify to 2024 or do you need to complete two years of JUCO? Given we have a 2024 scholarship it seems worth asking.

You do not have to complete 2 years at JUCO if you were a full qualifier (I believe Bolis fits that category). I would assume Bashir was not and has to stay 2 years but I am not certain. 

1 minute ago, Art Vandalay said:

You do not have to complete 2 years at JUCO if you were a full qualifier (I believe Bolis fits that category). I would assume Bashir was not and has to stay 2 years but I am not certain. 

Thanks, that makes sense. Perhaps Abdul didn't take his school work as seriously as Abdi.