uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 20 - Ohio State

Always feels good to kick the crap out of Ohio State in anything. In basketball, no team in the league does less with more talent.

Was more than a little worried after scoring 13 points in the first 8 minutes, but the offense was not too bad after that 😄 70 pts in the final 32 minutes will get the job done most nights.

Our rebounding was excellent - for a team that rebounds offensively as well as OSU, for us to win the 2nd chance point battle like that (16-2) was beyond impressive, especially without Gary.

7 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

In other good news, didn't rush Gary back and he gets an extra 4 days of recovery. 

If we end up making the tourney, we're going to look back at this stretch!  2-0 against two bubbly teams (NW on the right side of the bubble and OSU on the wrong side) and beat both without Gary.  That is HUGE!

5 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Don't know where he is getting 6, but with NET as of right now... we have 4.  NW dropped to a Q3, but are only 3 back of being a Q2.  

Ha, I was just thinking that too after posting it - had to go look - yup 4 now. NW is close, but no one else really is. I guess we'll get a bit of a bonus with Purdue being a Q1-A.

One thing that will go unnoticed that I noticed that I found as important as anything.  Allick leadership on defense. He was constantly pointing and screaming where Battle was to his teammates. This shows me both growth in the coaching to identify who we cannot let shoot, and more importantly some tremendouys leadershop and communication by our guys to execute it. 

Back home.  Nice win.  Needed win.  

Think about.  8 minutes of pretty bad basketball.  Bad game from Keisei.  Gary didn't play.  Little offense from JLaw and Sam...yet we thumped a pretty good team.  Nicely done.

Where were the fans?  

Folks, it isn't Peacocks fault.  I just started watching the replay, and they do good work.  I know it is maddening, but the channel is worth the coin.  Just saying.

Oh yeah...Mast was awesome!

Edited by Huskerpapa