uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 16 - Purdue

4 minutes ago, 49r said:

"I like their team.  I like how hard they play.  They're together.  They can hurt you in different ways.  I like their system, I like the shit they run.  They cut, they move...it's real basketball, and you know, uh, it's...it was tough for us to guard"

That warms the cockles of my heart to hear that.

"I like their system, I like the shit they run."

Has he been reading our board? That's MY verbiage. I've been talking about "running our shit." All season.

I feel plagiarized.

1 hour ago, throwback said:

Watching the replay, Mast's defense off the ball was incredible. He was so physical with Edey. Reminded me of D Walker last year.

Probably fortunate the refs let us play that way against Edey. Not sure that happens in West Lafayette.

That is 2024-25 Nebraska's problem as we only play the Boilers once 

18 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

"I like their system, I like the shit they run."

Has he been reading our board? That's MY verbiage. I've been talking about "running our shit." All season.

I feel plagiarized.

I support your claim to provenance, Norm, but it looks like he might have used "air quotes." Not sure Turabian would say that was adequate but we live in a different world now. :)

6 minutes ago, KZRider said:

I support your claim to provenance, Norm, but it looks like he might have used "air quotes." Not sure Turabian would say that was adequate but we live in a different world now. :)

In fairness, when I've been saying it on here, I've been typing it in as "sh!t" instead of, y'know, the other way.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

"I like their team.  I like how hard they play.  They're together.  They can hurt you in different ways.  I like their system, I like the shit they run.  They cut, they move...it's real basketball, and you know, uh, it's...it was tough for us to guard"

That warms the cockles of my heart to hear that.

49r!!!!!  It sounds like you may be getting the fever??

I've let this marinate for a day. I was in person and that was my favorite game I've been to outside of the Kansas one in 2017. Everyone who touched the court impacted the game in a positive manner. 

I really liked the defensive strategy last night. Essentially shut off the rim for edey and force tough 3s. Purdue still scored 72, which is a credit to them and how good they are, but edey was neutralized for 12 minutes basically. 

Didn't realize watching live that we scored on 8 straight possessions late in the first half with 2.75 pts per possession (22 total). Crazy.

I'm not sure I've seen NU do that before at that clip in a conference game. Maybe we were close late in the game in that win at Iowa in 2019? Not sure we scored on 8 straight possessions that day but we had like 15 pts in the final minute, I think?

9 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

When the weather is bad, the quiet people are more likely to stay home and a greater percentage of the ones who brave the weather have been pre-gaming, so ...

Loud crowd.

Gotta ask Norm, did usual group from the A section leave last night at the under 4 time out like every other game that has ever been played at the Vault?🤨

1. What a game! Even after drive home it took me hour to fall asleep from being wound up. 

2. Brice didn't score in 1st half but dang his final numbers were amazing...9 assists, 11 rebounds and some key blocked shots.

3. My buddy won comments from fans during the game. Told Loyer he resembled Eddie Haskell and asked wasn't there a pill for "ED"ey. (Saw hhcc Scott mentioned that as well)

4. If Edey wasn't 7'4" he'd be just another stiff. He "should" dominate but Mast abused the reigning Player of the Year! 

5. Keisei, did his thing.

6. Juwan is a dog.

7. Josiah making plays.

8. CJ is instant offense.

9. Sam "stealing" the show.

10. Mast, see above.

11. Liked the "hackadork" on Edey couple times. Make him earn it.

12. Now my complaints about the refs even though thought overall not a bad night for them. They let Painter hold court and game is delayed while he bitches. But can't give Juwan 30 seconds to get blood off uniform. Then later in game give Purdue player all the time he wants to remove blood.

14. Phone blew up at 6:30 tonight as my ugly mug made sports on 10/11 showing fans rushing the court.

3 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

So, there are open spots the Huskers can move into?  🙂

BYU (18) has lost two in a row including last night.

Colorado St (17) is 1-2 in MW play and lost last night to Boise St.

Clemson (21) lost to Va Tech tonight and is just 1-3 in ACC play.

SO there will be spots open!!!

4 hours ago, throwback said:

Didn't realize watching live that we scored on 8 straight possessions late in the first half with 2.75 pts per possession (22 total). Crazy.

I'm not sure I've seen NU do that before at that clip in a conference game. Maybe we were close late in the game in that win at Iowa in 2019? Not sure we scored on 8 straight possessions that day but we had like 15 pts in the final minute, I think?

I think that Iowa game NU scored 9 straight times. If I recall that one correctly, there were FTs in there since NU had to foul Iowa to extend that game. The incredible part of that Iowa game is that Iowa only missed 1 FT near the end of the game, which meant that Nebraska was able to drive for a 2 by James Palmer Jr. instead of Glynn Watson Jr. hitting another 3!

11 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Gotta ask Norm, did usual group from the A section leave last night at the under 4 time out like every other game that has ever been played at the Vault?🤨

Not Norm, but I sit on the aisle in the lower bowl, so I can't help but see those folks.   There were way fewer early departures than normal, even with a comfortable lead the last couple of minutes and the late tipoff.   I'd like to think it's a trend, but I doubt it.  

13 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

They couldn’t in our section of lower bowl. All the kids were waiting in the isles. We sit on the end and couldn’t get out if we wanted to 😂😂😂😂