Baylor Scheierman

bkamler

• 3 months later...

Now I wonder if Traudt will get the start or will he be coming off the bench now that Baylor is coming back.  I figured he was going there to start.  Maybe he still will depending on how their roster shakes out, but I thought for sure they'd lose Baylor considering he was a possible draft pick and he is older (23 years old when next season starts).

3 hours ago, REDZONEDAN said:

Sounds like Baylor wants to lose to Nebraska one more time.

He has no control over it. He's under the Hampton curse. For those of you who live in Omaha and think Seward is western Nebraska, Aurora and Hampton are in the 330 mile marker range on I-80.  6 miles apart.  Back in my days of growing up in Hampton, our population was 400, Aurora about 9 times bigger.  So, they're Class B, we're Class D. No chance to ever play in high school sports.  American Legion baseball was a different story.  After several years of Aurora telling us to go away, they agreed to play us in 1978.  

We played them at Mitchell Field in Aurora. Both had our aces on the mound. (As an aside, I was the right fielder in the game), we won 3-1 or 4-2 something like that.  

Here's my point: as royalfan has stated before, Aurora and Hampton have never been Creighton towns. Scheierman will never win against the Huskers because of what we did back in 1978. 😀 He has the weight of losing to a "perceived" lesser program on his shoulders.  

I bet he loses twice to the Huskers next season...

6 hours ago, cipsucks said:

He has no control over it. He's under the Hampton curse. For those of you who live in Omaha and think Seward is western Nebraska, Aurora and Hampton are in the 330 mile marker range on I-80.  6 miles apart.  Back in my days of growing up in Hampton, our population was 400, Aurora about 9 times bigger.  So, they're Class B, we're Class D. No chance to ever play in high school sports.  American Legion baseball was a different story.  After several years of Aurora telling us to go away, they agreed to play us in 1978.  

We played them at Mitchell Field in Aurora. Both had our aces on the mound. (As an aside, I was the right fielder in the game), we won 3-1 or 4-2 something like that.  

Here's my point: as royalfan has stated before, Aurora and Hampton have never been Creighton towns. Scheierman will never win against the Huskers because of what we did back in 1978. 😀 He has the weight of losing to a "perceived" lesser program on his shoulders.  

I bet he loses twice to the Huskers next season...

Not fair for Aurora, Hampton had a kid that went on to finish second in the long jump in Class D.  They never had a chance.

Hampton did win the  Hamilton County tournament in 1940, but they did not beat Aurora to do so - the runner-ups did.  I think Aurora learned their lesson after that and quit playing other teams from the county.

image.png

Edited by Dead Dog Alley

On 4/13/2023 at 1:52 PM, HuskerMB said:

Now I wonder if Traudt will get the start or will he be coming off the bench now that Baylor is coming back.  I figured he was going there to start.  Maybe he still will depending on how their roster shakes out, but I thought for sure they'd lose Baylor considering he was a possible draft pick and he is older (23 years old when next season starts).

Different positions. Kaluma is the one Traudt will be impacted by. If Kaluma doesn't return, Traudt and Mason Miller will likely battle it out for the starting 4 spot.