3 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Who stays?  Gotta ask that question. 

My hope for a rotation as of now:
Ulis - Hoiberg 

Janowski - JL

Williams - Wilcher 

Gary - Rice

Mast - Matar

^^^ pretty salty group.  I’m all in on Janowski contributing immediately.  I think Rice will take a big step.  

That said, we probably need to open up the NIL checkbook for a gritty defensive minded transfer guard who can shoot at a reasonable clip.  Right now we either have offensive guys or defensive guys.  We need some all around guards.  

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

We can’t take 2 steps back next year.  We need sustained success.  We can’t go another 10 years before we’re dancing again.

This feels much like our last trip.  I'm worried it turns out the same way.

14 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

We can't reinvent the team though.  We have recruited to who we are and what we are.  Next years current recruits are fa reflection of who we are.

Yes an no. We did some of this with a D.W last year. Need another one 

2 minutes ago, B1G Red said:

As a Cubs fan who finally experienced winning in 2016, I can say while it truly sucks having to deal with the eons of futility, when it finally happens, it’s so much sweeter than for those who never had to wait. Our time will come.

As a fellow Cubbies fan, I couldn’t agree more. Fred will deliver sooner than later. 

Sheesch!

this has been a great year!!!

we outperform our 12th place prediction.

our third place finish is in a conference that is undefeated so far (except for us) in both the NCAA and the NIT first rounds.

we made it to the dance.

we don’t get to play a nobody at the dance and pretend we beat someone good.

the last game and a half exposed our weaknesses.

Fred Hoiberg and Co. will continue to improve Nebrasketball.

it’s been a great—and totally unexpected—run this season.

can’t wait for next year!!

Edited by Swan88

1 minute ago, Vinny said:

I’m not so sure. That year we made a run at the end to get in. I felt good about our chances this year in early January.

I second that. This year was definitely different from 2014. We weren’t even on the bubble at the end. They are going to be back next year after they grab a couple of transfers in the portal. And I really like how Brice ended the season. He will be very good next year. 

One team looked like they returned 6 players from an NCAA tournament team that got beat by a Big 10 team.

The other team looked like they had 1 player with little tournament experience.   If we can make it again, I like our chances next year.  Especially,  if we get Brice, Mast, CJ, Sam, Gary, and Lawrence back.

Tonight sucked, but this season exceeded my expectations.  I was just hoping to make the NIT.  The next question is who comes back.  I hope everyone comes back that can.  Getting Mast, Gary and Williams to come back is huge.  I think Ulis will be a solid PG next year, but I’d like to see us get a stud PG in the portal, along with an athletic big/rim protector.  Losing Keisei is a big loss.  Wish we had him one more year.  I’m a big fan of Allick because of his attitude and also because how much he loved being here.  He played with a lot of emotion and hustle.  I wouldn’t mind continuing the tradition of bringing in another Nebraska kid that really wants to be here (i.e. Sam Griesel or Josiah Allick).  Who could that Nebraska kid be?

8 minutes ago, brfrad said:

One team looked like they returned 6 players from an NCAA tournament team that got beat by a Big 10 team.

The other team looked like they had 1 player with little tournament experience.   If we can make it again, I like our chances next year.  Especially,  if we get Brice, Mast, CJ, Sam, Gary, and Lawrence back.

I wonder if this outcome makes it more likely they return. I hope yes. 

This time of the year is all about matchups and it just turned out to be a terrible matchup for us - couldn't stay in front of their guards, which left us out of position constantly on defense. Felt like they could've scored on every possession.

When we allow them to get into the lane at will AND shoot 3s at 50+%, we were never going to win that game. 

TAM looked unbeatable tonight. So in the grand tradition of teams that beat NU in the NCAA tournament, they'll score 18 points in the first half against Houston, and lose by 42 on Sunday. Not sure I'll be in the mood to watch it by Sunday, though.

Edited by throwback

26 minutes ago, Vinny said:

I’m not so sure. That year we made a run at the end to get in. I felt good about our chances this year in early January.

Our non con schedule was so much tougher that year.  We played a 3 seed, a 5 seed, and a 6 seed all away from home.  We also got hot this year down the stretch.   If not for our 7 - 2 record down the stretch this year we are very much on the outside looking in.

I'm just frustrated at how this season ended.  I don't want to wait another 10 years to try again.

I love this team, I love Keisei, I love Jo, and I even love boogie. Everyone found their role on this team, everyone bought in, and the team was awesome to watch.

We ran into an absolute buzz saw tonight against Tamu. We didn’t play great defense by any means, but they came and shot out of their minds in the first half. At that point we didn’t have a chance.

GBR always

Felt like coming in that TAM reminded me most of MSU on our schedule, but TAM's guards were quicker and more aggressive about getting downhill than MSU's guards were / are. I didn't think TAM's guards would shoot as well from 3 versus how MSU can shoot it, though.

But TAM hit 5 more 3s against us and 8 more total FGs than MSU did on 10 more total shots than MSU had - just a faster pace than our game with MSU, so we kind of played into TAM's hands with pace, although some of that was we were behind most of the way by several possessions vs TAM and had to speed things up.

We put TAM on the FT line 11 more times than we did MSU, which I was afraid might happen. But I didn't see TAM shooting at a higher percentage (49/56.5 vs 44/47) on total FGs and 3s than MSU did, and that killed us. 

Just didn't have any answers on defense tonight.

Edited by throwback

Definitely a roller coaster ride with heckuva lot more highs than lows. Unfortunately that sudden stop at the end caused some whiplash. But I'm running back around and hopping on the sob again next season.

The amount of unknowns going into this season concerned me but it just shows what playing like a team can accomplish. Hopefully the portal will bring the necessary parts to solve the equation. I know who would be on my wish list but like mentioned in portal thread "team over me" guys are important. 

A fun and memorable season fellas. Historic in so many ways. Most home wins. Two court storms. Locked in a bid. 
Im sad and hurt but will always remember this season fondly. 
I keep thinking we need to get better athletically but then I see Yale beating Auburn and wonder how much its scheme and matchups. But then I see Houston beating Longwood 43-16 at half and realize it’s probably both…

Rough ending. Not entirely unexpected. Rough matchup. Had Illinois vibes before it started.
All the bandwagon non football fans will say we choked and hop off. They'll do the same to the women's team and the baseball team.
F' em and we'll see them when they hop back on next March.
The 6000 true fans that packed devaney every shit year will roll on, pain and all.
GBR

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I was at the game.

A&M was incredibly athletic, maybe more so than Illinois.

The Husker offense played good enough to win.

Sadly, A&M shot lights out from 3 and made some circus shots at the rim. 
Wade Taylor is unreal. 

Unfortunately we got a really bad draw. 

1 hour ago, B1G Red said:

As a Cubs fan who finally experienced winning in 2016, I can say while it truly sucks having to deal with the eons of futility, when it finally happens, it’s so much sweeter than for those who never had to wait. Our time will come.

Ugh as a die hard Indians fan....I feel like it's never coming. That WS broke my heart and I feel the same way tonight. IDK, trying to find a silver lining but can't. I am proud of this team, but feels like no matter what we will always run into a buzzsaw.