uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 23 - Illinois

13 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Lot of compliments on the Illinois board including one that said "that could be a sneaky Sweet 16 team"!

However, I saw multiple posts that we played "lights out" or played our "A++" game and honestly, I don't think we played great.  Didn't play terrible, but didn't play great either.

I just read same board.

"NU also made lots of tough shots and we missed easy ones." One guy called it "unending slop".

"Just about everything that could break Nebraska's way offensively and defensively did and they still couldn't win."

"Nebraska was damn lucky and still lost." 

By reading all these comments if it was a somewhat competent officiated game and we blow them out!

Great performance tonight. I think we can safely say Keisei is out of his mini shooting slump. I loved his aggressive drives- didn’t just settle outside the 3 pt line. They really bottled up Wilcher (held) 

Wish Brice could’ve gotten a just one or two to fall.

Jo is our hustler. Love his energy.

Juwan - he’s the dawg

Mast shooting outside like that - really opens things up

JL…..well….

Refs hosed us and I hope we beat NW

19 minutes ago, roscoe said:

I just read same board.

"NU also made lots of tough shots and we missed easy ones." One guy called it "unending slop".

"Just about everything that could break Nebraska's way offensively and defensively did and they still couldn't win."

"Nebraska was damn lucky and still lost." 

By reading all these comments if it was a somewhat competent officiated game and we blow them out!

That’s nice.

Underwood butchered pronouncing Tominaga in his post game. What a dick.

Illinois is that over aggressive team that comes at you in waves and dares the officials to make calls.  They never will call it twice in a half let alone back to back possessions.

it is not too bad of a way to play, bend the rules and dare anybody to challenge you more than once.

33 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Illinois is that over aggressive team that comes at you in waves and dares the officials to make calls.  They never will call it twice in a half let alone back to back possessions.

it is not too bad of a way to play, bend the rules and dare anybody to challenge you more than once.

Especially when Underwood intimidates the refs early on, gets his T, and shuts up the rest of the night. I knew we were totally screwed from there on. B1G sucks for the junior members like Nebraska... gotta leave no doubt on Weds. Smack the crap outta NW all night. GBR

1 hour ago, BigTate said:

Worst officiating so far this year! Big Ten refs screw the Huskers a lot in Football and Basketball!

It was bad to be sure but it doesn't hold a candle in my mind to how awful the Rutgers game was called. Which should only serve to highlight how bad officiating is when Nebraska is involved. It is hard not to think it is purposefully bad.

2 hours ago, Vinny said:

Acting like he’s never heard the name of one of the league’s most talked about players who was likely at the top of their scouting report? I’m fine with my take away.

BU's backhanded compliment paraphrased: "That Casey Tommyknocker feller? He's reeeeel good."

Edited by jayschool

I have heard people say that what this team is missing is a James Palmer or Terran Petteway... Which I kind of agree with - but the thing is - it's literally on the roster. That could easily be Brice Williams. He's got the length, athleticism, 3-Level scoring ability, etc... 

This staff needs to figure out Brice Williams. He is not lazy, he is not uninspired or unemotional, as people have said - the dude clearly cares and is giving it his all. It seems to me to be more of a confidence issue. They've gotta figure out a way to get him confident and recognize that he could be a dude. This guy has the tools to score ~18-20 a game or so. 

If they can figure out a way to unlock Brice from ear to ear, that will unlock this season in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

I have heard people say that what this team is missing is a James Palmer or Terran Petteway... Which I kind of agree with - but the thing is - it's literally on the roster. That could easily be Brice Williams. He's got the length, athleticism, 3-Level scoring ability, etc... 

This staff needs to figure out Brice Williams. He is not lazy, he is not uninspired or unemotional, as people have said - the dude clearly cares and is giving it his all. It seems to me to be more of a confidence issue. They've gotta figure out a way to get him confident and recognize that he could be a dude. This guy has the tools to score ~18-20 a game or so. 

If they can figure out a way to unlock Brice from ear to ear, that will unlock this season in my opinion. 

I don't disagree. And I think it will happen. Unfortunately it will be next year. 

37 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Yes, that's what I've been saying all season. Unleash the beast. He can be that guy, he needs to become more consistent and lethal.

4 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Yes, that's what I've been saying all season. Unleash the beast. He can be that guy, he needs to become more consistent and lethal.

A line-up of: BWill, KT, CJ, Mast, and JG should have open driving lanes for JG and BWill all over the place. Those two should live at the FT line. We'd have to get those calls, of course, but in theory anyways. 

Edited by basketballjones