2023-24 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

12 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

I don’t think we are in any position to call any non-conference foe a cupcake. Too many times the cupcakes have emerged victorious.  We need success early and often.

We are. There are some bad teams on this slate.

Drake, Iona and Yale didn't get into the tourney because of their NET, they got in because they were automatic qualifiers. The bigger issue is how the resume looks at the end of the season. Boobirds and KState are the only noncon teams that will matter at NCAA time, so we need to at least split with them. Then we need to win at least a couple of BIG road wins and assume we have a good home record.

The problem with the noncon isn't its effect on our NET, it's the inability to get us quality wins. Lindenwood isn't going to move the needle.

Edited by Chuck Taylor
correction

40 minutes ago, HuscurAdam said:

The key is margin of victory. We need to beat the bad teams badly. Keeping the scores close when we lose is big too. All of the double-digit losses last year overshadowed the close wins over good teams.  

They changed the NET calculation to cap scoring margin at 10 points no matter the margin of victory. They don't take into consideration blowing awful teams out by 30+ anymore. 

17 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

They changed the NET calculation to cap scoring margin at 10 points no matter the margin of victory. They don't take into consideration blowing awful teams out by 30+ anymore. 

I’m not 100% but I think they use Off and def efficiency into it which is why blowing out poor opponents is so important. Metrics are very important 

14 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

I’m not 100% but I think they use Off and def efficiency into it which is why blowing out poor opponents is so important. Metrics are very important 

Yep, OSU finished top 50 in the NET despite winning 5 B1G games. They hung 90 on a ton of Q4 teams and their offense efficiency was top 20. Go 9-2 or better in non-con, beat the brakes off the bad teams, find a way to win 10 B1G games between regular season and tournament - and you've probably put yourselves in the selection sunday convo.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, throwback said:

Any word on who our closed scrimmage will be against and where and when? I'm not trying to sneak in or anything, just curious. Also if anyone has info about how security will be stationed and where the security cameras are located, it'd be appreciated. TIA.

Vs. Utah in Lincoln on October 28th