2024 Portal Watch

On 4/5/2024 at 12:47 AM, AuroranHusker said:

Roll Safe, the Guy-Tapping-Head Meme, Explained

Nah nah nah, we don't want them to move here... it's the smart play, tbh, to keep Herbie. Plus he's iconic, Herbie Husker isn't going anywhere, nor should he.

I didn't want to eliminate Herbie, just the stereotype that we all look like him.

11 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

This one doesn’t make a ton of sense to me. The gophers basically used him as a defensive energy guy off the bench and he didn’t like that role.

He is not skilled offensively. He is a depth piece in my mind and he didn’t like that role at MN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he would like that role a lot better if he got paid more NIL money.😉

34 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

This one doesn’t make a ton of sense to me. The gophers basically used him as a defensive energy guy off the bench and he didn’t like that role.

He is not skilled offensively. He is a depth piece in my mind and he didn’t like that role at MN.

I'm not excited about him either.  No range and a 48% free throw shooter last year.  He would be okay coming off the bench if Mast comes back

26 minutes ago, No Place Like the Vault said:

I'm not excited about him either.  No range and a 48% free throw shooter last year.  He would be okay coming off the bench if Mast comes back

I think you are talking about different gophers.

2 hours ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

I agree honestly. Unless he's fine being a role guy, I can't see it. There's flaws to his game, but there is some good to his game. 

11 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I didn't want to eliminate Herbie, just the stereotype that we all look like him.

Who cares what others think..... the old-school logo is iconic.

Having said that: If we had a Harry Husker, I'd be for that. It's basically an NU fan!!