Nebraska (13-4) vs. Rutgers (9-7) Game Thread

damn good music on this thread. thanks to everyone that posted. 

New Jersey's had an outsized influence on musical culture in the rock and roll era. NYC's "little apple" had all the artistic ambition of the unwanted stepchild. 

The 70s were esecially good to the Garden State. 

So not to follow in anyone's footsteps, I'll share one of my favorite NJ acts and one whose importance at the time cannot be understated. They remembered how important the guitar was to pop music. 

40 minutes ago, lang said:

Crazy, yesterday ( I think ) on Lincoln  KLIN’s 5-6pm show ( Dan Parsons-sp?), the host had a brief interview of a local writer who did a feature recently on the guy who came out with a fairly recent book on the Starkweather murders. 

I might have shared this before. If so, I apologize.  Starkweather's route to Wyoming was on Highway 34. No I 80 back then.  My family had a farm and a farmhouse right on Highway 34, just outside of Hampton. They drove right past our house.  I say "our" me being a gleam in Dad's eye.  😉 .  You just never know.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Rutgers Message Board

Rutgers board is always a good read.  They have multiple posters who have mentioned that they don't like our matchup at all.  

I sort of laughed when I read the Rutgers game thread.  I don't know why, but they only talk about basketball stuff.  If they reciprocate and read our thread, we confuse them by posting mostly song videos 😂

2 hours ago, cipsucks said:

I might have shared this before. If so, I apologize.  Starkweather's route to Wyoming was on Highway 34. No I 80 back then.  My family had a farm and a farmhouse right on Highway 34, just outside of Hampton. They drove right past our house.  I say "our" me being a gleam in Dad's eye.  😉 .  You just never know.

Wowsers !!

14 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

I sort of laughed when I read the Rutgers game thread.  I don't know why, but they only talk about basketball stuff.  If they reciprocate and read our thread, we confuse them by posting mostly song videos 😂

What's stopping you from talking about the game today? The game thread has always had videos in it.

17 hours ago, cipsucks said:

There was an old story that went around that Starkweather ate a Helen's. Don't know if it's true or not. 

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

What's stopping you from talking about the game today? The game thread has always had videos in it.

I agree. 

Not sure if I am being scolded or not.  I still think there was a rather stark difference between game threads at that moment in time; and that struck me funny 🥴

4 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I agree. 

Not sure if I am being scolded or not.  I still think there was a rather stark difference between game threads at that moment in time; and that struck me funny 🥴

No scolding here.

Edited by Bugeaters1