Rutgers (15-13) vs. Nebraska (20-9) Game Thread

• Bugeaters1 changed the title to Rutgers (15-13) vs. Nebraska (20-9) Game Thread
3 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Here is my pick for the Rutgers game.

Ricky Nelson was born in Teaneck, New Jersey, in 1940, and his family later relocated to Tenafly, before moving to Hollywood. 

One of the most underrated singers of the 70-80's. He died too young in an airplane crash on New Year's Eve 1985. I was visiting my in-laws in El Paso and attended the Sun Bowl Classic basketball tourney, which featured Nebraska, who finished third (We lost to Alabama and beat Ohio State-UTEP with Jeep Jackson and Dave "Cheese" Feitl won). The news put a bit of a pall on what was a very memorable visit. 

Edited by jimmykc

Winning tomorrow almost assures us a 4 seed pending some bigger upsets happening.  Wisco still has Rutgers at home and @Purdue.  Could see them losing both.

MSU has Purdue and lose that today, we’re guaranteed a tie with them.  They’d have NW and Indiana left.

Iowa has NW and @Illinois— I don’t see them winning both.

After listening to it again, I'm not sure if Fred said "his dad who is here", or "his dad who was here."  

However, if he did say "was", wouldn't he have said parents instead of dad?  

Edited by cipsucks

36 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

After listening to it again, I'm not sure if Fred said "his dad who is here", or "his dad who was here."  

However, if he did say "was", wouldn't he have said parents instead of dad?  

Can confirm he is still here and will be at the game tomorrow

48 minutes ago, RedEyedFanatic said:

So, me and my youngest(8) are coming to this one. How early should we get there if we are looking to get an autograph or two, and what's the protocol for that?

Be in line between 3:30 and 3:45 so you can get in when the door opens at 4. If you're there by 4 you should be ok.

Assuming you aren't sitting off the floor, take the escalator up and walk around to the NW corner and walk down, that's the corner where guys stretch. Bring a pen/marker. If you don't bring anything to sign you can always pick up a program 

9 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Here is my pick for the Rutgers game.

Ricky Nelson was born in Teaneck, New Jersey, in 1940, and his family later relocated to Tenafly, before moving to Hollywood. 

The great James Burton on lead guitar!

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right thread to ask in, but do players generally stick around after they come out of the locker room after the game and sign autos and take pics with fans? Taking my son today and I’m sure he’d really enjoy that. Is there a certain area to head to after the game to wait around? Any tips/suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Omaha Nebrasketballer said:

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right thread to ask in, but do players generally stick around after they come out of the locker room after the game and sign autos and take pics with fans? Taking my son today and I’m sure he’d really enjoy that. Is there a certain area to head to after the game to wait around? Any tips/suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Our experience is that if you wait 20 minutes or so after the game, most of the players come out of the tunnel to greet their families and friends and to also sign autographs.  If you get there when the doors open, you can also go down to the corner where the team is stretching and doing their band workouts and you'll get pictures with the players and autographs there as well.

25 minutes ago, jayschool said:

Do you think CBS will risk putting us on Sunday afternoon at some point next year? Or is that reserved for the blue bloods, no matter how crappy they might be?

Probably depends on how we finish this year.