Nebraska (27-14) vs. Creighton (30-11) Series Game Thread

If anyone wants to watch this for free, you can do so with a little effort.

Link your checking account to a service such as Privacy.com (they have a free service tier) which will allow you to create temporary credit cards.  Create a temporary card with a $1 total spending limit (maximum that can ever be charged to this card is $1).

Sign-up for FloSports using the temporary card.  They will attempt to charge (twice) and it will decline, they will send you an email saying there's a problem with your account you need to remedy, that they will attempt to charge again, etc.  Ignore them and watch the game tonight for free.

Not sure how long FloSports will keep your account open but FuboTV will let you go over a month before closing your account.  You can obviously just create a new one with different login/temporary card afterwards.

FloSports has the absolute worst coverage and commentary around.  They've come after the rights of so many niche sports that previously had free streaming.  We should do everything in our power to bilk them of their revenue so that they realize their model is not profitable and shutdown.

52 minutes ago, MitchMcGaryMunchies said:

Link your checking account to a service such as Privacy.com (they have a free service tier) which will allow you to create temporary credit cards.  Create a temporary card with a $1 total spending limit (maximum that can ever be charged to this card is $1).

Sign-up for FloSports using the temporary card.  They will attempt to charge (twice) and it will decline, they will send you an email saying there's a problem with your account you need to remedy, that they will attempt to charge again, etc.  Ignore them and watch the game tonight for free.

Not sure how long FloSports will keep your account open but FuboTV will let you go over a month before closing your account.  You can obviously just create a new one with different login/temporary card afterwards.

FloSports has the absolute worst coverage and commentary around.  They've come after the rights of so many niche sports that previously had free streaming.  We should do everything in our power to bilk them of their revenue so that they realize their model is not profitable and shutdown.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

I feel the same way about a corporation charging me $30 to stream a single baseball game.  Not even sure this is 720p quality, absolute trash product from a trash company.

The Jaysker color commentary guy said Matt Rhule should look at signing Walsh to the football team after he "pitched" the ball to 1B for an out in the 2nd inning 🙄

Thought I'd check in to see how the Huskers are doing.  Radio broadcast says we're in big trouble down 5-0 after 4 innings.  I just started laughing.  mrs. cip took Seth to the E.R. 1 a.m. Monday morning because he had blurred vision.  Once he got there, he had a seizure and went flat line 3 times.  He's doing much better today.  Not out of the woods, but he knows he's won this battle.  Just like the Huskers tonight.  Gotta feeling they beat these pricks!

13 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Thought I'd check in to see how the Huskers are doing.  Radio broadcast says we're in big trouble down 5-0 after 4 innings.  I just started laughing.  mrs. cip took Seth to the E.R. 1 a.m. Monday morning because he had blurred vision.  Once he got there, he had a seizure and went flat line 3 times.  He's doing much better today.  Not out of the woods, but he knows he's won this battle.  Just like the Huskers tonight.  Gotta feeling they beat these pricks!

Sorry to hear this CIP!  Baseball team needed a "Cip Me Up" and it looks like you're providing that!

3 hours ago, MitchMcGaryMunchies said:

No thanks.

54 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Sorry to hear about your son cip.

2 hours ago, MitchMcGaryMunchies said:

I feel the same way about a corporation charging me $30 to stream a single baseball game. 

No, I agree with you.  I just wanted to post that video is all.

We played with fire all weekend offensively and got away with it, but it finally caught up to us tonight. Not a great performance at the plate again, especially with as many leadoff hitters as we got on base in the early innings.

Outside of a few huge innings at NW, we had a lot of these same issues, but we made NW play for mistakes. Couldn't do the same tonight. Some of the offensive woes were self inflicted by failing to move runners, some of it was bad luck by lining into an early double play, but, regardless, you aren't going to win many midweek games scoring 3 runs.

Just a weird night overall - we throw out 3 runners on the basepaths, 2 at home, and they make 2 errors uncharacteristically, yet we can't make them pay for any of it because of putrid offense.

Unfortunate chance missed for a potential Q1 win. 

I'm sure Sears will be ready to right the ship Friday. Need to get the offense fixed, though. Too many good hitters struggling right now.

• Bugeaters1 changed the title to Nebraska (23-10) vs. Creighton (26-7) Game Thread