Tominaga - 富永啓生

Huskerpapa

I'm running on gut feelings today. So far, so good.  

Mr. Tominaga will be back in Lincoln next year playing for the Huskers.

He'll put up All-American numbers, yet only get Big Ten Honorable Mention.  

It won't matter.  He will be a catalyst that takes this program where they've never been.

He's the Shane Komine to Husker Basketball.  Mark it down!  

An overlooked basket today was in OT, down 61-63, we needed a bucket bad. KT grabbed the board and took it up the court himself. Our. Guys fanned out, KT hesitated and blew but his guy and scored on a nice layup to tie it back up. Wisconsin didn’t score the rest of the game. He is crafty and so much more than just a 3pt shooter. And it was obvious Wiscy came out to try and physically bully him and beat him up. Didn’t work. 

26 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

An overlooked basket today was in OT, down 61-63, we needed a bucket bad. KT grabbed the board and took it up the court himself. Our. Guys fanned out, KT hesitated and blew but his guy and scored on a nice layup to tie it back up. Wisconsin didn’t score the rest of the game. He is crafty and so much more than just a 3pt shooter. And it was obvious Wiscy came out to try and physically bully him and beat him up. Didn’t work. 

Sam Hoibergs big 3.  Big Cahoonas in a big spot for a walk on. 

13 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

Not really. He was really good last year and earned the opportunity to get an extended opportunity this year. 

At some point the “extended” opportunity needed to be “ok, we are living in the current, not last year”.  Kind of like having a FG kicker go 14-16 and win conference kicker if the year and then keep having him kick the next year when he’s 4-10…

The painful issue for CJ and quite honestly for Keisei as well are their limitations beyond being a shooter.  Keisei has now developed his game to be a scorer as well as a shooter.  He can drive and cut to the hole and is creative around the hoop allowing him to score against the biggest of the bigs.  He has quick hands and good anticipatory skills. He lacks in lateral quickness and strength but does have decent hops and good handles.

CJ has seemed to regress in nearly every category.  He is particularly frustrating when dribbling into the crowd and literally any time he puts the ball onto the floor.  My son calls him the 2023 Lat.

I guess I still have hope for CJ, but Fred needs to use him very selectively until his game returns.  Heck, that could be against Rutgers...who really knows.  But he cannot be trusted with extended minutes at this point.  

Right now it appears the most trusted rotation may be - DW, Sam G, Keisei, Lawrence, Wilhelm, Dawson, Sam H and Blaise.

Edited by Huskerpapa

13 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I also thought Kesei played his best defense as a Husker yesterday.  

2 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

At some point the “extended” opportunity needed to be “ok, we are living in the current, not last year”.  Kind of like having a FG kicker go 14-16 and win conference kicker if the year and then keep having him kick the next year when he’s 4-10…

Which is why he got removed from the starting lineup and had his minutes reduced…

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

The painful issue for CJ and quite honestly for Keisei as well are their limitations beyond being a shooter.  Keisei has now developed his game to be a scorer as well as a shooter.  He can drive and cut to the hole and is creative around the hoop allowing him to score against the biggest of the bigs.  He has quick hands and good anticipatory skills. He lacks in lateral quickness and strength but does have decent hops and good handles.

CJ has seemed to regress in nearly every category.  He is particularly frustrating when dribbling into the crowd and literally any time he puts the ball onto the floor.  My son calls him the 2023 Lat.

I guess I still have hope for CJ, but Fred needs to use him very selectively until his game returns.  Heck, that could be against Rutgers...who really knows.  But he cannot be trusted with extended minutes at this point.  

Right now it appears the most trusted rotation may be - DW, Sam G, Keisei, Lawrence, Wilhelm, Dawson, Sam H and Blaise.

Except Lat never had a season like CJ did last year…

On 2/10/2023 at 11:03 AM, The Polish Rifle said:

This seems like a good thread for a Tominaga nugget I saw this morning…Per Robin on another other site, Tominaga was in discussion with Pro Teams in Japan last off-season. He was getting offers as high as $500,000. He will have those same discussions this off-season. Keep in mind he has no NIL opportunities in the states. 

Why no NIL?

I donate some money