Frankie Fidler - Transfer -> Mich State

2 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Can't say I watched much UNO basketball. How is Fidler defensively?

Haven't thought much about his defense. Been too busy thinking about his standardized test scores growing up and wondering whether they could have been better or worse. 

All kidding aside, probably not that great, but neither were Keisei or CJ, so who are we to nitpick. 

6 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Can't say I watched much UNO basketball. How is Fidler defensively?

I watched him and thought he was limited. Pretty slow footed. On the other hand, his offensive efficiency is elite. Of his final 4, I think he'd be the best fit at Mich State (top 10 defense, fills a void), but that's probably his 4th choice.

13 minutes ago, nustudent said:

He can hold his own in the Summit.  He’ll struggle in the Big Ten.  But like Keisei, you’re not bringing him in for his defense.   

We can hide guys in our quasi zone. Considering how the buzz is that we're unlikely to land him, I was more curious how he's going to look in someone's man to man.

22 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I watched him and thought he was limited. Pretty slow footed. On the other hand, his offensive efficiency is elite. Of his final 4, I think he'd be the best fit at Mich State (top 10 defense, fills a void), but that's probably his 4th choice.

I gotta say of his options, Michigan State can hide his defiances the best, they always have a slower footed shooter that succeeds, because they 1, 4,5 are just straight dawgs on defense most years. I think he’ll really

struggle at Wisky, and Creighton could be his second best option as they always seems succed with his type of play, but they just aim to outscore any one in Big East,

Edited by bobcat402

32 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

We can hide guys in our quasi zone. Considering how the buzz is that we're unlikely to land him, I was more curious how he's going to look in someone's man to man.

I have yet to hear anything overly good or bad as to our status on landing him.  You can draw a conclusion for landing him based on any specific source.  

As far as anyone's man to man...it will also vary.  Is he playing the 3 or the 4?  How good of a defensive team are they?  How much help will he have?

I don't think he's going to be considered a 'good' defender by any means regardless of where he ends up.  But I think he can be serviceable, especially given what he can produce offensively in his specific role.

4 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

If you want to cherry pick data, it's easy to find public schools with horrible academic scores.  I see your 35-39% math proficiency at Prime Prep, and give you 14% math proficiency at James Earl Rudder High: https://www.publicschoolreview.com/james-earl-rudder-high-school-profile.  

The point that public school apologists ignore is that choice is important in a free society.  We need both a competent public school system for an educated society, and the freedom of choice to select an alternative.  

Thank you @aphilso1 -- i think some ppl forget that, choice is important. America's great because of it, tbh.

3 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Shall we get back on track?

Frankie goes to Lansing

I don't know, he just doesn't seem to be a fit at Michigan State.  He is more in the mold of Wisconsin/Nebraska/Omaha players.  Not sure why, but Michigan State just isn't a match made in heaven.   Not that he is asking me.

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Thank you @aphilso1 -- i think some ppl forget that, choice is important. America's great because of it, tbh.

I think we have choice now don't we? If you want to send your kid to a private school you can pay the tuition and send away. Now even the small private schools in Nebraska can find a scholarship for someone who can put the ball in the hoop but I don't think anyone wants to close private schools. 

2 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

I think we have choice now don't we? If you want to send your kid to a private school you can pay the tuition and send away. Now even the small private schools in Nebraska can find a scholarship for someone who can put the ball in the hoop but I don't think anyone wants to close private schools. 

Thx Dean. I am runnin' on low sleep. Perhaps I misread somethin'! It's all good in the neighborhood @jason2486 - my apologies.