Jimmy, Norm, Cip, Lang, Hugh, NUDiehard & More...

42 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I want to thank my dad who bought 4 season tickets in 1988. He said “I think this Danny Nee could get us pretty good”. Enjoyed a fun run in the 90’s. Saw some great finishes against KU and other teams. Endured the end of Nee’s tenure, was hopeful for BC and his “disciplined” style of coaching. Was a proud member of the “6500” as one writer from the OWH coined us. Marveled at the talent of seeing Michael Beasley and Kevin Durant in person. Was entertained by Doc’s personality and him rolling out a bunch of under 6’ guards. Still can hear him call Sek “Sack” And I remember his emotional last press conference like it was yesterday. Introduced my son to PBA and Florida gulf coast’s dunk city - as we continued our season tickets w Tim Miles and Tommy Lee and the UNL drum line - and got hot w the Petteway 26 footers in east Lansing. No Sit Sunday is still my favorite sports moment I’ve ever had with my family. I remember not loving the Baylor matchup and marveled how tall they were. Took my son to every single Nebraska Basketball Buddies with my kids. I was a Miles fan. But was excited and hopeful when we hired Fred. 
And now, 10 years after Coach Miles got tossed from the game and watched it from the Creighton locker room, here we are. I will cry if we beat Texas A and M. I’m almost 50 and will cry and won’t care who sees me. Go Big Red!!!!! 

Amen, brother. We deserve this. Nebrasketball needs to perform on the court, and the fans nationwide will be there every second of the action. It can be a glorious Friday night in Memphis at FedEx Forum, home of the Grizzlies. Let's all have an awesome week of anticipation, enjoy the moment, life's fleeting, breathe every breath. Savor it all. GBR Always.

Now I'm sorry I made the tongue in cheek prediction that we would be matched up with A&M. It sounds like they have two veteran guards who are twin Shannons and all of their big guys have vacuum cleaner arms to get all the rebounds. Yet somehow, I think this team will find a way to overcome. To all of you who are going to Memphis, drive carefully and be sure to say hi to the ghost of Elvis. Take along a copy of "Win it for..." to read between games. 

6 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Now I'm sorry I made the tongue in cheek prediction that we would be matched up with A&M. It sounds like they have two veteran guards who are twin Shannons and all of their big guys have vacuum cleaner arms to get all the rebounds. Yet somehow, I think this team will find a way to overcome. To all of you who are going to Memphis, drive carefully and be sure to say hi to the ghost of Elvis. Take along a copy of "Win it for..." to read between games. 

I don’t think their guards are 6’6”, closer to 6’ and 6’3” 

24 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I don’t think their guards are 6’6”, closer to 6’ and 6’3” 

Their guards remind me more of Jahmir Young and Ace Baldwin (minus the assists) than they do Shannon. For that matter, A&M reminds me more of Penn State and Maryland than they do Illinois. Doesn't mean they can't beat us, obviously. 

Edited by millerhusker

21 hours ago, hhcdave said:

I just wanted to say I am happiest for you guys (and others who I unintentionally neglected who have been following Husker Hoops for way more years than Matt & Scott & I).

EVERY SINGLE PERSON HERE - I feel great for ALL OF US.

But man... I'm so happy for those who have been around since Cipriano and Iba and even before.

I just wanted you guys to know I was thinking about you today leading up to the selection - especially you, Jimmy. I haven't met some of you but I consider you friends.

OK, off to watch a Nicholas Sparks movie with all this sap.

Thanks, Dave! What a long, strange trip it's been.  While you guys are in Memphis cheering on the Huskers, we will be here declaring and decreeing the Huskers going to the Sweet Sixteen!  I've already started.  A&M and Houston have no idea what's headed their direction!

3 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

To all you old timers...I know I feel bad, but I really wanted this for you even more than me. 

If we can cut down our time between trips it’ll happen.  But man.  Idk.  Just so defeated tonight.  If we don’t cut down our time between trips I may have 3-4 more chances but I know some don’t have that.

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

If we can cut down our time between trips it’ll happen.  But man.  Idk.  Just so defeated tonight.  If we don’t cut down our time between trips I may have 3-4 more chances but I know some don’t have that.

I had this "if not now, then when" feeling tonight. Keisei got hot, we got up 7....then got steamrolled. I am beyond defeated. Creighton is good for a tournament win every year. NW has 2 in the last 2 years. Rutgers has a win in the last 3. Oakland, MI wins one. St Peters. FDU. At this point I'm ready to give in to the fact it'll never happen.  

1 minute ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I had this "if not now, then when" feeling tonight. Keisei got hot, we got up 7....then got steamrolled. I am beyond defeated. Creighton is good for a tournament win every year. NW has 2 in the last 2 years. Rutgers has a win in the last 3. Oakland, MI wins one. St Peters. FDU. At this point I'm ready to give in to the fact it'll never happen.  

I am very defeated.  7 1/2 months will roll on.  I will be back next year just as optimistic.   Right now, I see another let down.  

Don't have the oomph to read any other threads now. I'll switch my coffee mug to the Red Sox one and expect a KU loss to finish my college roundball interest for this year. I guess I would like to see a Big Ten team win and will be interested on what the portal brings for next year. This year's team brought me a lot of joy so thanks to all of them and best wishes for further success in the future.