2024 Portal Watch

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Next to a photo of a statue of a barefoot Jesus, his stigmata clearly visible on both his hands and feet, clad in a toga, sleeveless, with his right pectoral area (nipple alert!) bared, hair flowing down to both his shoulders and highlighting his full beard, are these words:

"Clothing is inappropriate when it is sleeveless, revealing or form fitting. Hairstyles should be clean and neat and trimmed above the collar, leaving the ear uncovered. Sideburns should not extend below the earlobe and onto the cheek. Men are expected to be clean-shaven; beards are not acceptable. Earrings and other body piercing are not acceptable. Shoes should be worn in all public campus areas."

I hope everyone else is impressed by the proper use of the semicolon in the BYU code.

Edited by jayschool

5 hours ago, royalfan said:

I am speculating that nothing will be announced from Berke or his camp until semester ends at UCLA mid month.  That seems to be when some players get final NIL payments.  

Quarter system and they go first week of Jan to mid June for winter and spring quarters. That’s a brutal stretch of school. Good call, hadn’t realized they go this late!

50 minutes ago, 49r said:

Not sure if that's good or not

I don't know how you could spin it any other way than good. My thinking is each one of these dudes know exactly the level of competition they're gonna face and the amount of work it's gonna take to be successful. No surprises. No adjustment period. Just nose to the grind.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

We have guys on our roster now who have transferred in from conference mates:

Iowa
Wisconsin

Rutgers
Washington

UCLA

Plus one from Utah.  That's 6 power conference transfers in.  Not sure if that's good or not but we will certainly have lots of guys with power conference experience on the floor this year.

It does not appear any of them were run off either. Most of the fan bases were sad to see them leave (except maybe Ulis). I think it is a great sign for next year.

1 hour ago, cornfed24-7 said:

I don't know how you could spin it any other way than good. My thinking is each one of these dudes know exactly the level of competition they're gonna face and the amount of work it's gonna take to be successful. No surprises. No adjustment period. Just nose to the grind.

If these new guys come in and have an impact on the team as big as Juwan's has been so far, color me pleased.

Just now, Navin R. Johnson said:

What do we do with the last scholarship?  Do we sit on it and wait to see if someone might fall in our lap or do we look at a high school kid, or another transfer or give it to Bolis?

Robin indicated on twitter that Fred would most likely sit on it.