2024 Portal Watch

40 minutes ago, 49r said:

Almost as surprising as the amount of success the Gophs had this last season.  Really thought they were on the come up but now IDK.

That was not surprising to me. I thought they should have been better, they had a lot of talent. Don’t think he did a real good job coaching them up IMO.

That was not surprising to me. I thought they should have been better, they had a lot of talent. Don’t think he did a real good job coaching them up IMO.

Outside of Dawson Garcia they didn’t have much talent.

Ben did a tremendous job to get them to win some games and be competitive. Not elite level coaching but seemed to get some buy in.

I think NIL is killing the gophers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

Outside of Dawson Garcia they didn’t have much talent.

Ben did a tremendous job to get them to win some games and be competitive. Not elite level coaching but seemed to get some buy in.

I think NIL is killing the gophers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I guess we will just disagree. Besides Garcia, Hawkins is a very good PG who led the league in assists and shoots it decent. He will be in high demand in the portal. Christie is projected as an NBA draft pick this year. Lots of big names are after Payne and we saw how good he is. Their 5th starter Mitchell is a 40% 3 point shooter. That is a very talented starting 5 and they had 3 nice energy guys off the bench. Should have been a tourney team IMO

9 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

The quote goes back to the 80's, I think.  Xavier was in the NCAA tournament that Lincoln was hosting. Can any veterans on the board back me up on this?

The year was 1988 when Xavier played Kansas in the first round.

2 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

The quote goes back to the 80's, I think.  Xavier was in the NCAA tournament that Lincoln was hosting. Can any veterans on the board back me up on this?

ah ok...then yeah that would make sense.  There were almost as many 7-11's in Nebraska as there were corn fields back in the 80s. 

2 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Sounds right. Didn't you go to those games? Like Jimmy said, it didn't make Xavier very popular with the BDSC crowd.

Yep, I was there. Great atmosphere and some pretty good basketball. I hope Lincoln is able to host again in the near future.

I went with some friends. I remember a 6’ 10”forward from Pitt or Maryland, Smith, I think. Also, I think K State was there, Blackwell played for them,I believe. What I remember the most were those damn basket extensions that came down from the ceiling. I sat right where it block my view some.