NCAA Tournament Watch

33 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

According to the latest iteration on Bracket Matrix, Nebraska is the second 10 seed and is in 100% of all brackets 83 out of 83). This is a first for this and.I am sure our spot will be cemented after we beat NW on Wednesday!

We’ve always been on the outside of a few brackets this whole year.  Our win against Wisco turned a few heads for the ones we weren’t in and I believe our play at Illinois placed us in the rest.  There were a surprisingly large number of tweets about how well we played from bracketologists.

48 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

According to the latest iteration on Bracket Matrix, Nebraska is the second 10 seed and is in 100% of all brackets 83 out of 83). This is a first for this and.I am sure our spot will be cemented after we beat NW on Wednesday!

The site will tell you when it was updated so none of those have accounted for our loss at Illinois though in theory that should help on most metrics

8 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

The site will tell you when it was updated so none of those have accounted for our loss at Illinois though in theory that should help on most metrics

It was updated 2/5 so Illinois's is factored in...at least factored into most based off thr dates listed at the top.  Not all though.

Edited by Nebrasketball1979

Andy Katz is a new believer:

POWER 36

29. Nebraska (NR): The Huskers beat Wisconsin in a crazy comeback and then forced Illinois to overtime before falling in Champaign.

Top 10 Games this week

8. Nebraska at Northwestern, Wednesday: The Huskers and the Wildcats are nearly mirror images of themselves. They both are coming off missed opportunities. But they are still trending toward being NCAA teams. The Huskers won the first meeting in Lincoln.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2024-02-05/arizona-cracks-top-5-latest-mens-college-basketball-power-36

2 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Ok. So if Nebraska is in 83/83 brackets, then what is needed to stay in? A 6-2 finish and it doesn’t matter if we lose the first conference tournament game…Nebraska would be firmly in. 

Am I correct?

5 minutes ago, unl said:

Ok. So if Nebraska is in 83/83 brackets, then what is needed to stay in? A 6-2 finish and it doesn’t matter if we lose the first conference tournament game…Nebraska would be firmly in. 

Am I correct?

My gut says 22 wins total after the B1G tourney should be enough. 21 we're probably on the bubble. 

47 minutes ago, unl said:

Am I correct?

Gotta be. 6-2 finish puts us at 12-8 and 22 wins overall. That's gotta be in even if we lose our first conference tourney game, which seems unlikely.

56 minutes ago, unl said:

Am I correct?

Unfortunately I think we’re a little far out still.  A lot too depends on other bubble teams.  So far the bubble is massive but softer.  If some of those teams start picking up big wins…

Watching k state struggle to put away Kansas. There’s definitely a scenario they don’t make the tournament. I don’t know what the scenario is. But I’m starting to get conflicted on who to root for. 

6 minutes ago, unl said:

Watching k state struggle to put away Kansas. There’s definitely a scenario they don’t make the tournament. I don’t know what the scenario is. But I’m starting to get conflicted on who to root for. 

KSU is probably 12-16 teams off the bubble right now.  They have a lot of work to do.  We have to cheer for KSU though.  Them getting back into the Q1 win column for us would be huge.

11 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

KSU moved up a few spots to 79 in the NET.  Still a Q2, but only 4 spots out from being a Q1 again.  Itll be important for them to grab another soon. This weekend would be huge!

Actually, several 1 point losses would work pretty well in ticking up their NET while keeping them out of the tourney.

3 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Actually, several 1 point losses would work pretty well in ticking up their NET while keeping them out of the tourney.

Especially on the road. We saw similar bumps from losing at Illinois and beating Wisconsin at home last week. 

20 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

Just get to 21 wins and I will feel very comfortable 

This.  21-10 with 0 Quad 3/4 losses is going to be very hard to keep us out.   

Lot of other bubble teams didn't have front loaded conference schedules like we did either, so they'll pick up some losses along the way too.