uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 9 - Minnesota

hhcmatt

This was a very, very bad loss for the program and Fred. Got outcoached two games in a row, by a wide margin. Minny was holding us. We do that and Coach Mac works the refs and we get called for it. So is Fred not working the refs? Or is he ineffective at working the refs??

Brice is playing for a 10 day contract it seems. Just a selfish display in the second half. 

Season isn’t lost, but this was more than a red flag. 

Embarrassing effort.  Atrocious basketball in the second half.  Outworked, out hustled and out coached.  A lame duck, bad basketball coach, without his top player, made adjustments and out coached our soon to be lame duck coach.  We will get to compete with Minnesota for a new coach in a few long months. Just a disgusting display tonight and I am usually on team sunshine.

2 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Ugh why do I do this to myself. We're soft. This team doesn't have what last year's team had. 

With Griesel and Walker went the culture and locker room.  This year’s guys have no fire (if u doubt that replay it and  see the level of energy on the bench  on the few occasions we made a shot in the second half).   And don’t really seem to like each other.   Saw that even when we were beating the humpties on the schedule.  Need something  from the head guy but he’s too busy diagramming plays to notice, and more engaged with the Firethorn member-guest

9 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Not going to re-arrange my schedule anymore to watch these games live. 

Been to 2 home games thus far and will likely not go to anymore. 

Probably best, you only have to watch about 28 of the 40 minutes because BTN can't figure out how to schedule without overlap.

8 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Not going to re-arrange my schedule anymore to watch these games live. 

Been to 2 home games thus far and will likely not go to anymore. 

Living up here in the twin cities this was my one game for the year. I walked in hoping Sunday was a fluke. I walked out wondering why I care about sports at all. What else could I do with my time?

3 minutes ago, Vinny said:

Living up here in the twin cities this was my one game for the year. I walked in hoping Sunday was a fluke. I walked out wondering why I care about sports at all. What else could I do with my time?

Living up in Duluth, glad I opted to not pay/drive/sob my night away. T-Wolves look good at least🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Listened to Fred’s presser. Thanks for posting it Ron.

Two things that stuck out. He said that the Creighton game and tonight were tough, tough, learning lessons. So having the oldest team in the league doesn’t necessarily most experienced…

He also specifically used the words “our guys have to make a conscious effort to find Keisei, especially in transition when he’s open” 

Wish someone would follow up with “at times it doesn’t seem like certain guys want to pass to him…” 🤔🤔

1 minute ago, Handy Johnson said:

Ranking the worst losses of the Hoiberg Era is a tall, tall order, but this one is officially in the running. 

It's impossible to rank them because those 1st 2yrs would have to be on sliding scale.

We've lost to worst teams, however this game has the feel of one of the worst losses.

We'll know more in a few weeks after teams get conference games under their belt.

Once again in the 2nd half we go away from what was working in the 1st half because well....why not.

What I can't stand is watching a team quit playing.