PF Elijah Thomas - TAMU Transfer

hhcmatt

Actually, if he was injured and played in less than 30% of games he could potentially get this year back if he was injured enough that he couldn't play the rest of the season. A long shot but possible since he only played in 8 games and has was actually injured.

Maybe he is "injured" enough that he could get a medical redshirt

That would work if we wanted him to play in 2 years

I do not believe you can mix these 2 rules (medical redshirt and transfer "loss of a year" rules to save a year.

Transfer alone means you lose a year moving out of conference...and in-conference (without waiver, 2 years).

Being injured will not save you a year.

Schools starts Monday I believe. I do not know how late into a school year you can still be allowed to start.

I would think they (meaning any of the schools he is looking at) have already got a few of the ducks lined up so when he says go it will happen quickly.

Also I think that some of the West Coast schools start later than we do so it might not be as big a deal for ASU and ZAGS. I have a nephew who,goes there so will look at his face book to see when he is going back.

I haven't heard about him scheduling any visits to his other 2 schools (San Diego, zaga) UNL does begin classes on the 11th.

Zaga starts class on 11th

Looks like San Diego is Jan 25th

ASU looks to be 11th too

These are just quick searches, but figured I would put it out there. I'm not sure if they are allowed to take longer for later registration dates and if that's the case add another week or 2 to each date.

I don't know, but I hope it is soon, because I read the same thing on this page after every game.  

"I hope Thomas watched the game tonight and sees how much he can play next year."  I would assume Miles has talked about this on multiple occasions already.

And you will continue until we have a serviceable big.

Well this is frustrating. To comments earlier, we all know how much time coach Miles and staff have spent to land a post player. I have never questioned that. Coaches get paid for results.

0-3 to start B1G is not what we are paying coach Miles to do. I don't accept that we played hard so it's ok if we lose. I don't accept the fact we haven't landed a center. Great facilities and fan support and B1G conference.

By now we should have have landed a center. We shouldn't be losing 10-12 games in the B1G this year, but we are on pace to do so.

IMPO this recruiting shortfall is a sign of more to come. We are better, but not good enough.

Went to two Clemson sites and one nobody had talked basketball since August, the other had three posts, not pages or threads, but three guys say that he is coming, and one basically said"who"

I guess they do have to get by Football, but wow,that makes us on here look like zelots, but of course that is what we are so...

Went to two Clemson sites and one nobody had talked basketball since August, the other had three posts, not pages or threads, but three guys say that he is coming, and one basically said"who"

I guess they do have to get by Football, but wow,that makes us on here look like zelots, but of course that is what we are so...

If someone looked at the main Husker sites online, they might have similar opinion of Nebraska in regards to hoops. If for some reason the HHC site was not looked at, of course. There's likely a Clemson Hoops Central site out there somewhere, no? ;)

This isn't sour grapes.  Let me just make that clear.

I'm not disappointed in his choosing to go elsewhere.  From what I've been able to see/determine, this kid lost a LOT of weight.  Not sure why.  His injury?  There was a tweet from him where he basically said he had transformed his body and then he showed a picture of him looking heavier next to a picture of him looking skinny, jumping rope at Texas A&M or something. 

If he's down to 220# or 230#, he's not the "Post" we're looking for.  At that size, he's just a good-sized PF.  6'9" and 230# isn't the kind of big we need, frankly.  And his film made him look like more of a finesse player anyway. 

So, while I would have certainly liked to see him commit, I don't think it's as huge a loss as one might think.  Assuming we can track down a juco big, we could still be in pretty good shape next year.  Or, hell, if Jacobson blossoms into the 6'10" kid he's projected to be.  Either way.

Personally, I'd like 1 more good shooter at the guard spot.