Nebraska (13-4) vs. Rutgers (9-7) Game Thread

So, New Jersey has a few more opitions for bands. I'm going with The Young Rascals, later known as just The Rascal. Sirus/XM played this song just about everyday on my drive to my jobsite. It just puts you in a good mood, The band was formed in Garfield New Jersey in 1965. Here you guys/guyettes go. Lets see what you come up with.

Edited by Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, HB said:

Huge game for the Huskers.  I mean enormous.   For those who played the "short prep" card after Iowa, we have that advantage over Rutgers for this game.  Must win game for Rutgers as well.   Should be a war.  

Yup - you start looking at the 7 road games we have left, needing a minimum of 2 wins (and 3 would be preferrable), this might be the most winnable. Can't let this one get away like we did up at Minny.

1/17 at Rutgers

1/27 at Maryland

2/4 at Illinois

2/7 at N'western

2/21 at Indiana

2/29 at Ohio St

3/10 at Michigan

16 hours ago, HB said:

Huge game for the Huskers.  I mean enormous.   For those who played the "short prep" card after Iowa, we have that advantage over Rutgers for this game.  Must win game for Rutgers as well.   Should be a war.  

Yes, and this may be a "must win" game for Nebraska's March Madness resume as road wins are hard to come by in the Big Ten.

Edited by AuroranHusker

2 hours ago, HuscurAdam said:

image.png

Everyone hits 3's against our defense.

Everyone in conference play hits 3's against us. 26.6% 3pt percentage defense out of conference (9th overall) and 42.9% in conference (last in Big 10). Rutgers actually has the same problem as they were 20th in the country in 3pt defense out of conference (28.3%) and 13th out of 14th in conference play currently (41.8%). I would be willing to bet our numbers look a bit better after the game as Rutgers only shoots 26.7% from 3 at home, which ranks 339th out of 361 teams 

21 hours ago, HB said:

We need to beat them. The blow out loss to Iowa dropped our NET to 53. This number absolutely needs to be in the mid 40's at a minimum.

On a positive note KSU is doing work to move our win against them into that Q1 range. Currently we have 2 Q1 wins.

Unfortunately, none of these next 4 games we go no help with Q1 or our NET unless we "blow them out."

Okay, I'm a Paul Simon fanatic. I absolutely love this song, but I wasn't going to post it until I ran across this video.  Watch the stiff in the upper right hand corner of the screen.  He knows Paul Simon is a low life that has no right to be in his presence.  Kind of like the B1G mentality concerning Nebraska.  

20 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

We need to beat them. The blow out loss to Iowa dropped our NET to 53. This number absolutely needs to be in the mid 40's at a minimum.

On a positive note KSU is doing work to move our win against them into that Q1 range. Currently we have 2 Q1 wins.

Unfortunately, none of these next 4 games we go no help with Q1 or our NET unless we "blow them out."

Which is dumb if we are sitting at 17-4