Transfer Brice Williams

hhcmatt

Visiting the weekend of April 8th

I think he might have 2 years left. Prior to this season he redshirted because of knee injury and played two years prior so I think he's due an extra covid year.

Guy is a 3 level scorer who shot lights out even after becoming the focal point of the offense.  Also rebounds.  Would be a hell of a get and a starter day 1.

42 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Heard a rumor...heard he is N.

Same.

Love his highlight tape. @Jacob Padilla stop - I know. 

Not sure where he slots in or who he bumps out but we'll see. I'm also operating under the idea that I don't understand why some of these guys, especially older ones, would transfer w/o guarantee of starting role. 

3 hours ago, basketballjones said:

Same.

Not sure where he slots in or who he bumps out but we'll see. I'm also operating under the idea that I don't understand why some of these guys, especially older ones, would transfer w/o guarantee of starting role. 

I don’t think it is really worth worrying about who he bumps out.  It will all be determined by who improves and how the team blends together.  Fir what it is worth he might not care about starting since he only started 13 games this year.  More about minutes imo.

Edited by royalfan

1 hour ago, kldm64 said:

Curious where you are hearing rumors as I haven't seen anything where he is N.  Would be a very nice get if it's true and hope it is.  

This is a board filled with Nebraska basketball insiders.  It's just a matter of mentally keeping track of who tends to know what's up. 

Thus, I'm currently looking for pictures of Williams for our front page

I have been MIA for a bit, but coming in on this guy. Unsure on where he would peg, but I am not sure it's a foregone conclusion he starts, and I don't think that's a bad thing. Coming from Charlotte to big ten ball is a big step, and Gary will likely start at the 4 spot, but having a REAL option behind him is what excites me. He is a multi positional guy that can play either wing spot, and defend. He will essentially be filling the CJ Wilcher role imo as the wing shooter that plays between the 3 and 4, which I think means we might see a CJ portal entry soon. With the new "run off" rules, unsure what that would mean for his eligibility (basically you can't get a waiver if transfer a second time and you get replaced or the coach "runs you off"). Wouldn't be shocked if he starts, but he could be the first guy off the bench for Keisei or Gary, depending on who's playing.

FWIW during his time at Charlotte it didn't matter to him if he was starting or coming off the bench.  As noted earlier he led the team in scoring while coming off the bench.

https://www.wbtv.com/2023/02/07/even-after-all-ups-downs-brice-williams-stays-committed-charlotte/

3 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

FWIW during his time at Charlotte it didn't matter to him if he was starting or coming off the bench.  As noted earlier he led the team in scoring while coming off the bench.

https://www.wbtv.com/2023/02/07/even-after-all-ups-downs-brice-williams-stays-committed-charlotte/

Like his attitude. Kind of reminds me of reading some Juwan Gary and Sam Griesel articles last offseason, which were refreshing and drastically different than the previous few offseasons. 

8 hours ago, basketballjones said:

Same.

I don't have any first-hand experience with Brice, so feel free to speculate away without any input from me. I'll dive into his Synergy tape and put something together if things become official. 

I wasn't saying highlights are useless (although they can be depending on how they're cut and who the player is), but just like stats or anything else, if you really want the full picture you need more context. If somebody doesn't live up to the highlight tape, there's probably something there in the game tape that shows why.

Edited by Jacob Padilla