Transfer Portal 2023

13 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

Think they liked Ben but you could see he was not happy about the PT. Mitchell was processed to make room though.

IIRC, they were saying they were already one over which is why Mitchell had to go, this departure frees up a spot to get a transfer?

(I still think it's about 90% that Hunter goes to Arizona.  Then, I guess about 10% Creighton?)

Just now, 49r said:

IIRC, they were saying they were already one over which is why Mitchell had to go, this departure frees up a spot to get a transfer?

(I still think it's about 90% that Hunter goes to Arizona.  Then, I guess about 10% Creighton?)

Looks like Shtolzberg is from the west coast. Bet he transfers back there somewhere. Tough to make that adjustment to live in the Midwest.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

I really doubt Hunter goes to Creighton unless Nemhardt or Alexander leaves. Wouldn’t think he wants to come off the bench. No real clue where he ends up.

1 minute ago, millerhusker said:

I don't know much about Wrightsell. Would this be rolling the dice in the same way it was with Biggs? Or just that he is unproven at this level?

Neither really. It was my way of wording that Wrightsell is in the portal and to point out he's from Nebraska.  If getting successful players from a winning team for a position we need to fill seems like a good idea, we should have contacted him the second he hit the portal.

From an article in today's LJS:

There has been consistent contact between Nebraska and Gonzaga transfer Hunter Sallis, as well, according to a source, though Sallis’ father, Trevis, expected to take at least this week to sort through options. Hunter Sallis had limited offensive opportunities with the Bulldogs but emerged as a defensive stopper this season.

With eight known returnees and one 2023 high school signee — IMG Academy forward Eli Rice — NU has four scholarships available. Hoiberg said in a mid-March interview that Nebraska would add at least two — a versatile center and a point guard — and assess from there, adjusting as needed to Tominaga’s decision-making and portal availability.

5 hours ago, millerhusker said:

The rumors (months ago) that Traudt, Sallis, Wrightsell and Tonje would all be in the portal have been correct so far. Those same rumors said Chucky was coming home to Nebraska. Maybe we let Kriisa know that...

I just noticed Wisconsin picked up a PG from Wyoming in the portal….  

• hhcmatt changed the title to Transfer Portal 2023