2016 PF/C Jordy Tshimanga - Signed

trickey

I've heard that he was going to visit this weekend but is not going to now.

Apparently, his brother is going with him on his recruiting visits but is unable to travel right now due to a surgery that he has had recently.

He will visit at a later date.

At least, that's what I've heard.

(source, B+)

We need this kid...and I would also like to pick up a JUCO big man as well.  Having three post players and then moving MJ and Ed to the 4 would make us extremely versatile.

Do you believe that Ed Morrow has the ball handling skills for the 4? And does MJ have enough quickness to defend a B1G 4? I like the idea but I'm not sure either will be ready for the four next year.

Either way we need a physical post presence to add to the mix.

We need this kid...and I would also like to pick up a JUCO big man as well.  Having three post players and then moving MJ and Ed to the 4 would make us extremely versatile.

Do you believe that Ed Morrow has the ball handling skills for the 4? And does MJ have enough quickness to defend a B1G 4? I like the idea but I'm not sure either will be ready for the four next year.

Either way we need a physical post presence to add to the mix.

Yes I believe both fit well at the four.  They do okay in the post, but I believe they fit at the four.

I would be good with Jordy, if no post players leave, if so, I'd wait to see who is available on the grad transfer market. We have 2 post players coming in and we really need another PG/big combo guard to sort of bridge the Webster/Gill/Arop time frame.

We have plenty of depth at the 4 IMO. I think when you add Roby who will play 3/4, Horne who is a 4, Jacobsen and Morrow you have a lot more depth beyond the next year. I think if you Jacobsen and Hammond at the 5, with another year, and Jordy, you have a lot of depth and bodies inside.

Of course if you dot land Jordy, then you HAVE to go for a transfer or juco kid.

I for one think PG depth next year is an issue depending on how good of a ball handler Gill is.

I would be good with Jordy, if no post players leave, if so, I'd wait to see who is available on the grad transfer market. We have 2 post players coming in and we really need another PG/big combo guard to sort of bridge the Webster/Gill/Arop time frame.

We have plenty of depth at the 4 IMO. I think when you add Roby who will play 3/4, Horne who is a 4, Jacobsen and Morrow you have a lot more depth beyond the next year. I think if you Jacobsen and Hammond at the 5, with another year, and Jordy, you have a lot of depth and bodies inside.

Of course if you dot land Jordy, then you HAVE to go for a transfer or juco kid.

I for one think PG depth next year is an issue depending on how good of a ball handler Gill is.

My only input is that I believe Roby is more of a 2/3 (think in terms of Andrew White) rather than a 3/4.  In fact, at times in HS ball, I believe Roby is even playing PG a bit.  Sort of a point forward.  Bottom line, he will provide a versatile opportunity for Coach Miles.

What are our current chances of landing jordy?

Probably not good if we can't get him on campus.  Only 1 more home game left.  I'm not sure we would even have a high enough seed to get a home game if we made the NIT.

We might have to reel him in in lieu of a game day atmosphere.  Spring game maybe?  I'm not sure.

Keep grinding Coach Miles, keep grinding.

Wow. Jordy's brother really has it together in terms of the recruitment. He sounds extremely informed about what Nebraska has to offer both on and off the court. After reading Robin's article its sounds like we are in perfect position. Now he just has to say he's N. I'm not really worried about a school like Arizona after his brother's comments about how badly he wants to have an opportunity to play immediately. Now watch him go ride pine at Arizona.