2016 PF/C Jordy Tshimanga - Signed

trickey

Verbal Commits shows we have offers out to both Schnider Herard from Prestonwood Christian / Plano, TX and Jordy Tshimanga, from Montreal, Canada MacDuffie High School both in the class of 2016.

Judging from Herard's rankings, offers and home state, he would appear a long shot. Not near as much out there on Tshimanga...and I have seen nothing on either on HHC.

Does anyone have insights on one or both of these players?

Edit:

OK so I did not use the search feature correctly and I now recall viewing the Schnider Herard board. Thanks for the reminder, bobcat...

So I changed the title to be exclusive to Jordy Tshimanga...any input on this player would be great!

Hike not a terribly impressive vid (he's still young, I know), I do like a left-handed big!

I totally understand that his video isn't increadibly impressive, but, like you said, he is still young. I think it's important to consider that at 6'11", 240 lbs as a sophomore in high school, his strength, quickness, and coordination are still very much in the process of developing. ESPN thinks highly enough of his potential that as a sophomore they have already ranked him 4-Star and an ESPN60 player...

I'm not saying he is a sure thing right now, because he is still far from the finished product. But I would say he appears to be a much better prospect and much less of a reach than a kid like the one that just committed to Creighton (and probably playing vs better competition too)...And Tshimanga is class of 2016, so he has plenty of time to develop...

• 3 months later...

Is he actually 6'-8" or 6'-10"? That verbalcommits link shows the former, not the latter...

Rivals and ESPN both list him at 6'10".

https://rivals.yahoo.com/alabama/basketball/recruiting/player-Jordy-Tshimanga-158321

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/199879/jordy-tshimanga

Cool beans

• 11 months later...

According to Lee B in todays OWH NU is pursuing him. He is 6'10"  230 lbs and plays for Macduffie School in Granby, Mass. His brother is Link Kabadyundi who NU pursued a couple years ago.

He also has interest in BC, TCU, Virginia Tech, Baylor.

The article also mentioned NU's interest in Gak, as well as the visit this week from Jeriah Horne.

From a July 11 Rivals report:

Playing alongside Horne all week, Tshimanga provided a big body with power to match down low. The lefty was strong in the paint, and while he wasn't flashy playing mostly below the rim, he was a bully on the glass, recording nearly seven rebounds per game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a report on Horne from the same article:

On the opening night of camp, when all eyes were on five-star forward Thon Maker vs. five-star center Deandre Ayton on court one, Horne was quietly dazzling on court two. He posted 20 points and 13 rebounds, and announced after the game he was ready to break out. Sure enough, he finished every game this week with double-digit point totals, and nearly led his team to the championship Friday afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk