In state kids?

Section_316

5 minutes ago, busticket said:

What position does Braden play?

Wing. Big enough frame to guard 4s and 5s in high school/AAU right now, but not sure how much taller he's going to get. Projects to being a 3 at the next level most likely. Incredibly explosive. Still learning how to play the game (kinda just goes off athleticism and talent at this point). Jumper is continuing to improve; likes the mid-range pull-up in addition to the C&S 3. Gets downhill going to his left hand and will try to punch it on anyone (and often has success).

Edited by Jacob Padilla

1 hour ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Braden Frager (6'6", 205, Junior to be, Lincoln Southwest) gets an offer; 9.3 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 1.3 apg, 1.0 spg, 42% 3P) gets an offer.  

For comparison, Sam Griesel's sophomore stats: 6'3", Lincoln East, 6.6 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 1.9 apg, 0.8 spg, 37% 3P.

Those are Frager's career stats, not his sophomore ones.

https://www.maxpreps.com/ne/lincoln/lincoln-southwest-silver-hawks/athletes/braden-frager/basketball/stats/?careerid=rnboavpu6bhrb

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Yup.  I could see the 4th quarter becoming very physical when the fouls go back to zero.

I'm unsure how it can be more physical then it is now.  I simply believe they are taking the awesome athleticism away from the game and are replacing it with physicality.  

• 3 weeks later...

Those more in the know may have to explain this to me. He only had one HM offer and was set to go to Sunrise Christian next year. I know the Nebraska staff brought him in for unofficial visits and probably told him to take a post grad year. I thought a year at sunrise would've done him great

On 6/7/2023 at 5:46 PM, thrasher31 said:

Those more in the know may have to explain this to me. He only had one HM offer and was set to go to Sunrise Christian next year. I know the Nebraska staff brought him in for unofficial visits and probably told him to take a post grad year. I thought a year at sunrise would've done him great

Other offers

image.png

I haven't seen him play but it's a little telling that he hasn't been brought up once other than a tweet on here. Might have been a different story if we had been at 12 scholarships because and thought he would have been a good stash. Wonder if our interest level would have changed once he started at Sunrise.

Given he's from Lincoln he'd be a major 'we let this guy get away' if he pans out. Seems much more likely he gets bounced after a year like many 13th scholarship guys.

17 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Other offers

image.png

I haven't seen him play but it's a little telling that he hasn't been brought up once other than a tweet on here. Might have been a different story if we had been at 12 scholarships because and thought he would have been a good stash. Wonder if our interest level would have changed once he started at Sunrise.

Given he's from Lincoln he'd be a major 'we let this guy get away' if he pans out. Seems much more likely he gets bounced after a year like many 13th scholarship guys.

Yeah, odds are it's a roster filler move that will eventually end up with him getting processed out.  But Boyle has had success with taking guys that make you say "who?" in the past.  Case in point - White, Derrick.

On 6/7/2023 at 5:46 PM, thrasher31 said:

Since Nebraska didn't offer, the odds are pretty good that he grows five inches, takes Colorado to the Final Four, and ends up as a first round draft pick.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Question for Jacob Padilla: what would Carter Nelson's ceiling in basketball have been if that had stayed his main focus?  

Pro tip for you @Dead Dog Alley, if you type "@" and then start typing the user name, a list of users will pop up and you can select who you want to tag.  Best part of that is that user will get a notification next time they log in to the site and be sure to notice that you tagged them.

1 minute ago, Huskerpapa said:

I wonder why he switched from Southwest to Northeast?

And yes, he is a good one.

They are the Nebraska football of Nebraska high school basketball. An elite program over 75 years but nothing special the last 20.

I have no real insight,  but he will be the alpha there and would have to share that at LSW. 

LNE class of 93 here. And have a class of 25 child there so maybe I'll hear something in the coming months.

19 minutes ago, BugeaterZ said:

They are the Nebraska football of Nebraska high school basketball. An elite program over 75 years but nothing special the last 20.

I have no real insight,  but he will be the alpha there and would have to share that at LSW. 

LNE class of 93 here. And have a class of 25 child there so maybe I'll hear something in the coming months.

With the history of LNE basketball, I don't think you would call them "special", but the 2015 team made it to the semi's of state, and beat undefeated Norfolk in the 1st round. (Full disclosure, my son was on the 2015 team, and I am a 77 grad)🙂

47 minutes ago, rlgyank said:

With the history of LNE basketball, I don't think you would call them "special", but the 2015 team made it to the semi's of state, and beat undefeated Norfolk in the 1st round. (Full disclosure, my son was on the 2015 team, and I am a 77 grad)🙂

We, Norfolk beat LNE in the 1987 state finals 😀

2 hours ago, BugeaterZ said:

Class of '94!

😉