Oregon State post game chatter

Bugeaters1

All in all a doggone good season.  We did make strides, but of course good teams do during the season.  I would hope the coaching staff will think about this game as they recruit moving forward.  Recruiting seems to be on a bit of an uptick for the 2024-25 season so far, but let's try to get another really good player or two out of the portal and really augment this team!  GBR always and forever!!  🌽🏀❤️

We are who we are and I don’t see much change.  The B1G does not have the number of quality athletes that are in the SEC, ACC and PAC 12.  USC and UCLA are teams we have to hope we only see once during conference play.  Britt Prince will give us good size at the point guard and the Hargrove girl should help.  A transfer big would be very helpful.  Hopefully are returnees are hungry to improve.

8 minutes ago, mwm89 said:

All in all a doggone good season.  We did make strides, but of course good teams do during the season.  I would hope the coaching staff will think about this game as they recruit moving forward.  Recruiting seems to be on a bit of an uptick for the 2024-25 season so far, but let's try to get another really good player or two out of the portal and really augment this team!  GBR always and forever!!  🌽🏀❤️

It was a good season. Hopefully we can get Weidner back and be the guard that will drive to the hoop. like she did pre injuries.

1 minute ago, Cazzie22 said:

We are who we are and I don’t see much change.  The B1G does not have the number of quality athletes that are in the SEC, ACC and PAC 12.  USC and UCLA are teams we have to hope we only see once during conference play.  Britt Prince will give us good size at the point guard and the Hargrove girl should help.  A transfer big would be very helpful.  Hopefully are returnees are hungry to improve.

Will the pac 12 schools coming in find how phyical the B1G is and fold?

1 minute ago, Bugeaters1 said:

It was a good season. Hopefully we can get Weidner back and be the guard that will drive to the hoop. like she did pre injuries.

Hopefully she will come back with the same quickness and speed!  With injuries such as the one she had now twice you never know.  But I think either way she will be one of the quickest, fastest players on the court.

Caitlin Clark just declared that the women's NCAA games are more popular than the men's games.  Pretty sure I don't agree with that declaration, but it may very well be true about some teams.

But you won't have equality in the women's game until you bring about a bit more parity.  Part of that is playing these games at neutral sites.  

Seriously, over the last fifteen years, only three or four teams have a chance to win it all.  There are very few "upsets" in the tournament.  You simply have to go to neutral site games and hope the excitement of the game continues to build a larger fan base.

2 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Caitlin Clark just declared that the women's NCAA games are more popular than the men's games.  Pretty sure I don't agree with that declaration, but it may very well be true about some teams.

But you won't have equality in the women's game until you bring about a bit more parity.  Part of that is playing these games at neutral sites.  

Seriously, over the last fifteen years, only three or four teams have a chance to win it all.  There are very few "upsets" in the tournament.  You simply have to go to neutral site games and hope the excitement of the game continues to build a larger fan base.

Yep!!

49 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

I doubt it.  OSU was clearly physical and finished behind USC and UCLA.  

If only there was a way to force USC & UCLA to have to play us outdoors December through February. 🥶 Lol

That reminds me, do you think the USC & UCLA baseball and softball coaches are thrilled about their schools’ move to the B1G? I highly doubt it. Just wait until those Southern California creampuffs see what kind of garbage weather we can have here in March and April in Lincoln, Iowa City, Ann Arbor etc. 

4 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

well, shaq stated he would rather watch the women's game.🙂

I personally like good basketball.  It is not a gender thing.  It is a quality thing.  We were blessed this year with both our teams playing quality basketball.

But for our ladies having to travel to Corvallis and play Oregon State on the road in front of their fans does not seem fair or does not bode well for parity.  If the game was played on a neutral floor, would we have stood a better chance of winning?

Edited by Huskerpapa

40 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I personally like good basketball.  It is not a gender thing.  It is a quality thing.  We were blessed this year with both our teams playing quality basketball.

But for our ladies having to travel to Corvallis and play Oregon State on the road in front of their fans does not seem fair or does not bode well for parity.  If the game was played on a neutral floor, would we have stood a better chance of winning?

Our last time to the Sweet 16 we had to beat Chattanooga and A&M at College Station.  Previously, we played at home and defeated UCLA to advance.  We have to improve enough to get a Top 16 seed to play at home. K-State was at home and lost to Colorado.  

Such a bummer to get back to back dud performances from Shelley and Potts. Felt like if we got 1 or 2 more threes or point blank shots to go in during those first three quarters we woulda had a real shot in the 4th quarter. 

Gotta make sure we keep Potts this offseason, hopefully the rumors are just people stirring things up. Then need to get a transfer 6’0 combo guard that can attack the rim and defend other teams studs.  A 6’4” back up center would be really nice too. 

the future feels super bright even with todays set back 

3 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

Our last time to the Sweet 16 we had to beat Chattanooga and A&M at College Station.  Previously, we played at home and defeated UCLA to advance.  We have to improve enough to get a Top 16 seed to play at home. K-State was at home and lost to Colorado.  

Actually when we beat UCLA those games were in Minneapolis