uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 27 - Indiana

Just now, royalfan said:

I am on record saying we need Lawrence when people were calling for him to be benched for Hoiberg.  He gives us things nobody else does.  So happhy for him that he had a game like this.  He is a big part of our future as well hopefully.  

In his postgame btn interview he said coming off the bench is what turned his game around.  He likes that role.  Goodness if he keeps that up and if CJ could find his mojo, this may be a fun month.

Just now, Huskerpapa said:

In his postgame btn interview he said coming off the bench is what turned his game around.  He likes that role.  Goodness if he keeps that up and if CJ could find his mojo, this may be a fun month.

I'm not banking on it, but there is a more than slim chance that we could head into the BTT on a 7 game heater as the 3 seed.

We really needed our most athletic players (Brice and Jamarques) to step up when Indiana made that run and the refs let the game get physical - and both of them really did.   Great to see.

I know at least 7 of our players have been the guy that the TV crew selects to interview after the game (basically a view of the player of the game).   Only one in the main rotation I am not sure about is Sam - anyone remember him being in that spot.   Regardless it is really amazing how we seem to have different guys step up from game to game.   A really balanced team which makes us hard to prepare for I would think.

1 minute ago, HuskerBB said:

We really needed our most athletic players (Brice and Jamarques) to step up when Indiana made that run and the refs let the game get physical - and both of them really did.   Great to see.

I know at least 7 of our players have been the guy that the TV crew selects to interview after the game (basically a view of the player of the game).   Only one in the main rotation I am not sure about is Sam - anyone remember him being in that spot.   Regardless it is really amazing how we seem to have different guys step up from game to game.   A really balanced team which makes us hard to prepare for I would think.

My thing has been that if we make the dance and win a 1st round game, I pity the fools who'll have to play us the next round.

We have to be a very tough team to scout on short notice. Some might call our defense junk, but it's different than most teams run and it's effective. And how do you game plan for 7 different guys who can uncork from deep?

3 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

My thing has been that if we make the dance and win a 1st round game, I pity the fools who'll have to play us the next round.

We have to be a very tough team to scout on short notice. Some might call our defense junk, but it's different than most teams run and it's effective. And how do you game plan for 7 different guys who can uncork from deep?

Just get that 1st one then we're playing with house money baby! 

3 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Don't forget, we may have some competent refs who won't let the other teams grab our cutters all game.

5 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I tell ya, if McKenzie Mgbako would want to enter the transfer portal after this season, I sure as hell would take him. He's just a freshman.

I said it in the game thread too. He’ll hear good things from his NJ friends and associate head coach about Lincoln.

Loved the way our guards were willing rebounders - especially Lawrence - that made a big difference and let our big guys tie up their big guys, rather than focusing on grabbing the ball. They still got us on the boards, but without that effort from our guards, it would've been a lot worse.

When we went to that small-ish lineup coming out of the timeout after IU cut it to 3,  I thought the coaches were crazy, but that was just the right antidote - swarming their big guys got them out of their comfort zone and let us stretch the lead back.

Brice was so good after IU cut it to 3. Lawrence was too, but -- to dust off an oldie but a goodie -- that was Brice figuring out how good he can be.

Nice to show some grit on the road after IU made its run. Bodes well for these final few weeks. Now 24-10 over our last 34 games. That's insanely good.

6 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Awesome to see J Law have his best game of the season and maybe his career.  Everyone else brought the energy tonight.

CJ wasn’t great and Mast didn’t have much wind in his sails, but other guys more than covered. A great team win! Chance to pay back the gophers 

Easily the best of his career. 19 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists. Went 5-5 from 3.

While looking forward to the rest of the season, the 24-10 mark since last February reminded me how similar the last 2 rosters have shifted the culture. I hope these 2 rosters are Fred's blueprints going forward. While a little different from one another, lots of similar qualities! Especially on the heart/giving great effort side of things.

31 minutes ago, brfrad said:

Don't forget, we may have some competent refs who won't let the other teams grab our cutters all game.

I'll believe it when I see it.  KT gets mugged and strip searched multiple times every offensive possession.

Those 3 Stooges tonight are the cream-of-the-crop when it comes to incompetence.

Edited by NUtball