2024 Portal Watch

I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think we’re getting either of Kyle or Fidler, Kyle wants to take a visit to Wake Forest, and Fidler

im guessing goes to either the evil empire (flying blue-rats) or the first order (wiscansin). I was hopeful but the vibes are off. I hope we can get the Rutgers transfer, and than figure it out from there. 

Edited by bobcat402

Just now, bobcat402 said:

I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think we’re getting either of Kyle or Fidler, Kyle wants to take a visit to Wake Forest, and Fidler

im guessing goes to either the evil empire (flying blue-rats) or the first order (wiscansin). I was hopeful but the vibes are off. I hope we can get the Rutgers transfer, and than figure it out from there. 

Can I ask what vibes?

7 minutes ago, bobcat402 said:

I have zero inside info, but Kyle looks like he’s wanting something bigger, and Fidler seems like its east omaha, or a reunion with chucky. Idk im hoping wrong, but I feel likes it’s the Sallis deal all over again

Sounds good— portal still open for a few weeks so if Fidler does choose here, chance Chucky could enter and also come here.  

3 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

How many players are on the court at once... 5.

How many are in Freddy's rotation by season's end.... 7.

So, it boils down to who can NU get that fills those 7 spots BEST!

Not to nitpick but the rotation was 8 at the end of the year and I'd argue if Ulis would have been available it would have been 9. Depending on who we land, I would anticipate being able to go 9 deep next season, maybe 10. At least that's what I hope we will be capable of. 🙂

2 hours ago, hugh42 said:

Not to nitpick but the rotation was 8 at the end of the year and I'd argue if Ulis would have been available it would have been 9. Depending on who we land, I would anticipate being able to go 9 deep next season, maybe 10. At least that's what I hope we will be capable of. 🙂

You could even say 8.5 till Rice got hurt. He was normally getting a few minutes in the first half of games

6 hours ago, hugh42 said:

Okay, I'll argue.... lol.

If you look at Hoiberg's 5 years, it's basically 7 dudes who dominate the minutes. Add in walk-on Sammy Hoiberg and it's 8. So, technicalities abound, I was referring to dudes on scholarship, and the minute disparity actually drops off after 6. Eli Rice could have been involved in the numbers crunch but he only competed in 17 games before bolting... it's an interesting research project, if anyone wants to check out the +/- for each of these 8 dudes, who all deserved P.T., as that's where the rubber meets the road for dudes on the court to see how they all fit together. I, too, hope for 10 dudes next season, but it hasn't happened yet under Hoi-ball, but it would be a welcome sight! GBR Always.

Minute (avg. played per game) distribution:

Brice Williams 1010 / 34 = 29.7 min/gm

Rienk Mast 951 / 32 = 29.7

Juwan Gary = 757 / 28 = 27.0

Keisei Tominaga 856 / 32 = 26.8

Josiah Allick 785 / 33 = 23.8

Jamarques Lawrence 798 / 34 = 23.5

*Sam Hoiberg 669 / 34 = 19.7

CJ Wilcher 591 / 33 = 17.9

{The rest of the roster 471 / 34 = 13.8}

Edited by AuroranHusker

1 hour ago, TourneyBound said:

Also need to consider we were very lucky on the injury front last year...  Need to have some depth in case we sustain a major injury.

Our injuries seemed pretty on par, but the longer duration seemed to affect the back end of the rotation more so than the front end which is why I think it was less noticeable.

Keisei missed time to start, Mast missed multiple games.  Sure. But the long duration injuries seemed to happen to our backend of the rotation.  Rice, Kieta, maybe Ramel if that was an injury.

59 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Our injuries seemed pretty on par, but the longer duration seemed to affect the back end of the rotation more so than the front end which is why I think it was less noticeable.

Keisei missed time to start, Mast missed multiple games.  Sure. But the long duration injuries seemed to happen to our backend of the rotation.  Rice, Kieta, maybe Ramel if that was an injury.

Something I was really impressed and happy with during the season is how our play as a team wasn't really affected when 1 or more of our rotation guys were out. Keisei, Juwan, Mast, Josiah, CJ all missed at least one game. It didn't matter, we kinda just looked the same regardless. Still put a quality product on the floor. Kansas looked like a dang mid-major team when one or both of their two best players were out. That type of piss poor roster construction should never happen at Kansas. Bill Self may continue to struggle now that everyone else can pay players too. 

30 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Another player who was better than anyone the Huskers had on their roster, according to Tom Shatel

Assuming this along with Kaulkbrener not appearing on mock drafts would indicate he's back. 

48 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

I’ve seen him anywhere from late first to late second 

A small, low-efficiency combo guard that is turnover prone and struggles to get to the FT line.  What's not to like? 😅

Definitely a second-rounder, two-way contract kinda guy.  Baylor is at best the same.  Kalkbrenner has zero chance of getting drafted.