Gary

I once tore a calf muscle just running, don't even think I took a funny step, it just happened - everyone was certain i had torn my Achilles until the doctors did the MRI, as all the symptoms were almost identical to what people describe when they tear an Achilles - so I can sympathize. Hope he's fully healed up and back soon.

4 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

When it happened, I thought it was a hamy. Then I thought maybe a bad cramp.

I was hoping it was just a cramp originally.  You just never know with those non-contact injuries.  I hope he gets healed up quickly because we need him back ASAP!

Also, they said he definitely won’t be back for tomorrow’s game but will be day to day after that.

Just so everyone is somewhat grounded:

Grade 1: A mild strain where only a few of the muscle fibers are strained. This usually takes 1-3 weeks for recovery.
Calf strains take between 4 weeks and 6 months to heal. The typical healing times for the different grades of calf strain are: Grade 1: 4 – 6 weeks.

Through my work, I have come to realize that calf strains are often a lot more problematic than we would think.  Think Joe Burrows this year.  Could hardly move until it fully healed about two months later.  Like everything, it has a fairly wide range of severity.  Let’s hope it is in the milder end, but it doesn’t feel that way to me.  

It is obviously great news, but it is still very possible we don’t get the same Gary this season.  Glad that there shouldn’t be drastic long term issues.  

22 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Through my work, I have come to realize that calf strains are often a lot more problematic than we would think.  Think Joe Burrows this year.  Could hardly move until it fully healed about two months later.  Like everything, it has a fairly wide range of severity.  Let’s hope it is in the milder end, but it doesn’t feel that way to me.  

It is obviously great news, but it is still very possible we don’t get the same Gary this season.  Glad that there shouldn’t be drastic long term issues.  

That was my first thought as well. Playing on a strained calf has to be extremely painful in basketball. Gotta get the leg right first. 

Well, at least it's not a torn Achilles but it's still somewhat sobering knowing that Juwan Gary's not going to be out there, and Rienk Mast's lift is seemingly all gone. I hope it was fatigue for R.M. but it didn't look right all night against Rutgers. Man, why can't Nebrasketball have nice things?!?!

Edited by AuroranHusker

• 2 weeks later...