Purdue (14-1) vs. Nebraska (12-3) Game Thread

1 hour ago, cipsucks said:

Huh.  Who would have predicted a Husker victory tonight?  No winners on the cip contest.  We'll do it later this season.  Maybe at the Final Four!  

In this thread I had Huskers by 10, but Huskerkid21 had us by 14 !! Oh baby he was close.

Edited by lang

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

We could have lost this game and I still would have said this was fun. Let's go! Love the effort.

I'll only half-agree with that. That win was deserved. And both for the team and fans is what I'm talking about! GBR!!

Edited by AuroranHusker

13 hours ago, huskerkid21 said:

I'm not feeling great about this one... especially if Brice cant go and Gary / Mast pick up a couple of early fouls..... a smart man would probably put money on Purdue -7.5 with Brice maybe not being able to go ..... BUT IM DUMB AS HELL SO SKERS BY 14 AND WERE RANKED WITHIN DAYS #rollskers

Dumb as hell or genius? Nostradamus pick here

6 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:
8 hours ago, No Place Like the Vault said:

No sit Sunday was bigger.  They also beat Texas at the Bob when they were #1

They beat Texas, but they most certainly were not ranked number 1. 
That was our first win over a #1 ranked team since 1982 against Missouri, and that game was on the road.

If I recall, the #1 team lost that week and Texas certainly would have been #1 when the new rankings came out had we not beat them.

8 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I want to say Texas was #2 or #3 then.  I was at that game.  I believe the #1 team had lost that same day, so it was going to be #1 Texas had they beat us.

This is correct.  Texas was #2, and we kept them from being #1.  That was a great game to be at!