uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 30- Rutgers

1 minute ago, basketballjones said:

We’re either not going to realize how good we had it, or were gonna win by 400 when we get away from big ten refs. 

Exactly - I was thinking the same thing as that game unfolded. I gotta think the hand checks will get called tighter in the NCAAs, but who knows. 

I guess the good news is we've seen all kinds of styles - so we should be ready for just about anything.

11 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Fouls were essentially even.

Huge props to the team and coaching start on this. The way the game was being reffed was not the working well with our original plan of moving fast on the perimeter and getting open looks. We adjusted well, started attacking the rim, and turned the reffing style into a positive for us.

Oh man, that was fun.  Went to a basketball game and a rock fight occurred.  We had the bigger stones tonight!

We established ourselves in the first five minutes and then maintained it the entire game.  

Crowd was fantastic...again.  I will re-watch the game and see what we sounded like.

For those at the game, did you see the one ref's reaction at the half to the fans boos.  What a classless act!

This was, once again, a team win.  And if I may add, I'm still waiting for us to play a full forty minutes of a game at our highest level.

Edited by Huskerpapa

Was driving during most of the game and just getting caught up. Very happy to come away with an ugly win when we had to. Clean up our turnovers tonight and it’s a 20 point win. Clean up our turnovers from here on out and there are a few more wins to be had.

11 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Oh man, that was fun.  Went to a basketball game and a rock fight occurred.  We had the bigger stones tonight!

We established ourselves in the first five minutes and then maintained it the entire game.  

Crowd was fantastic...again.  I will re-watch the game and see what we sounded like.

For those at the game, did you see the one ref's reaction at the half to the fans boos.  What a classless act!

This was, once again, a team win.  And if I may add, I'm still waiting for us to play a full forty minutes of a game at our highest level.

Didn’t see it, what he do? He threatened to kick a couple court-side people out at one point. They really ruined the game.

Man I did not feel comfortable with any lead at anytime in this one.  The problem with a low scoring "rock fight" like tonight is that if Rutgers sticks a couple threes in a row it feels like a 12-0 run. KT made some big plays down the stretch but Allick's board work early might have been just as important.

5 minutes ago, northwillriseagain said:

So is Wilcher actually planning on moving on? I assume as a grad transfer if so? He has his flaws but can be an offensive spark plug off of the bench.

Derrick Walker had 3 senior nights here so we'll see

28 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Man I did not feel comfortable with any lead at anytime in this one.  The problem with a low scoring "rock fight" like tonight is that if Rutgers sticks a couple threes in a row it feels like a 12-0 run. KT made some big plays down the stretch but Allick's board work early might have been just as important.

Tominaga had a personal 12-point run, including a traditional 3-point play and a 4-point play. He surged Nebraska to an insurmountable lead because Rutgers was 4 for 25 on threes (16% - lol). And that man deserves to be honored by the Big Ten as one of its 10 best players at a sign of respect and recognition. Will he get any, that's up for debate..

6 minutes ago, northwillriseagain said:

So is Wilcher actually planning on moving on? I assume as a grad transfer if so? He has his flaws but can be an offensive spark plug off of the bench.

Derrick Walker had 3 Senior Days, and Keisei had 2. I think maybe Wilcher wanted some recognition for graduating, like the past 2 guys. Who knows what any of these dudes plan to do in the N.I.L. world we live in.

Hoiberg created a team in 2023-24 that's capable of winning in the Big Dance, when the first 3+ seasons the Hoiberg-led Huskers seemed fairly incapable of winning much at all. How these next 3+ weeks go is immaterial to how crazy good this home basketball season's been, a record 18 home wins is a remarkable achievement. Get that first ever win at Crisler, and we'll all be wearin' our dancin' shoes in March Madness. GBR Always.