uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 30- Rutgers

• Bugeaters1 changed the title to uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 31- Rutgers
  • Bugeaters1 changed the title to uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 30- Rutgers
9 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Very underrated aspect of the team this regular season:

With a win tonight, we have officially guaranteed that the longest losing streak this team has had this year is 2 losses.

Incredible.

Not saying this will happen, but we could theoretically still lose @Mich, in the B1G tourney, and in the first round of the NCAA tourney. 

There was a long stretch of that game where I was afraid the three blind mice show was going to let RU's efforts to turn it into a football game be successful and do serious damage to our NCAA tourney hopes. I know the refs have allowed a lot of hand checking against NU all season, but tonight was the worst yet, especially at home.

Then all of a sudden they blow the whistle on almost every possession the last 7 minutes. Just god awful and definitely not a style that fits what we do.

Having said that, we played so hard that RU just couldn't find easy shots. Our half court defense was tremendous and made up for an inability to get the offense going. Rebounding, too - we were as good as we've been on the glass all season.

And I know we didn't make any FGs the last 6 minutes, but we got to the FT line a lot (wish we'd have made more). Possessions that end with FTs are just as good, if not better. 

It'll be good to get some days off now to gear up for the stretch run. What a season so far, but we've got more work to do.

Edited by throwback

21 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Not saying this will happen, but we could theoretically still lose @Mich, in the B1G tourney, and in the first round of the NCAA tourney. 

NCAA Tourney?  It'll be a first round home loss in the NIT. I can't handle this stuff.  Quit saying this won't happen, blah, blah blah.  Start saying this will happen.  The Huskers WILL be in the Sweet Sixteen!  The Huskers will be in the finals of the B1G Tournament! It's not that hard just to say it.  Speak it out loud. 

Edited by cipsucks

2 minutes ago, cipsucks said:
22 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

NCAA Tourney?  It'll be a first round home loss in the NIT.

Just unfortunate that we have to play on the road as a 5 seed in the NIT though... :lol:

30 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Caveat was regular season, but yes.

My bad. Just reread your post and see that you did say “regular season.”  Good point, and quite an accomplishment especially considering our recent history (and non-recent history). 

Fouls were essentially even.

Very quite 18 for KT. Struggled from 3 and still found ways to score. 
Key stretch in the 2nd half. Up by only 6 and KT gets an and 1 then his only made with an and 1.

Also, really liked how we played down the stretch. Used up clock. Don’t care if we didn’t score a bucket.