2024 Portal Watch

29 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Meh. If he was as good as we needed him to be, he would have been in the rotation commanding minutes all season long.

We'll see what kind of offers he gets, but I'd bet he's moving down a level.

This is how I feel. Very much doubt he ends up at a HM. He could very easily score a lot at a mid major, and I think that's where he ends up. 

Loss for the wing room, but he's by no means irreplaceable 

Edited by thrasher31

24 minutes ago, BjoeHusker said:

We absolutely need Williams, Gary, and Mast to return. 

Yes, we do. Especially Brice & Rienk. We can fit pieces around those 2 in particular the best. Not that I want Juwan to go, don't confuse that. I just believe he can replaced easier than those other two. GBR Always.

3 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I would also love it if Diop returns.  He is the athlete we are wanting.

That baseline jumper in the Big Ten tourney was beautiful. And he achieved a top-of-the-key three the same day that Zach Edey finally did, and both teams won 85-70 on that same night. If Diop does even a 1/3rd of an Edey next season, we'd all be very pleased!

Here is where we sit:

Guards: Brice, Ahron, Jamarques, Sam, CJ, Cale, Nick, Braden

Bigs: Matar, Blaise, Juwan, Rienk, Henry

Who am I missing?

It is always painful and exciting going through this process...but as mentioned by others, it is the world we live in.  I am so much more confident given the staff that we have on board.

13 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Here is where we sit:

Guards: Brice, Ahron, Jamarques, Sam, CJ, Cale, Nick, Braden

Bigs: Matar, Blaise, Juwan, Rienk, Henry

Who am I missing?

It is always painful and exciting going through this process...but as mentioned by others, it is the world we live in.  I am so much more confident given the staff that we have on board.

What’s Blaise status like can we count on him next year?

Frager > Rice

Janowski > Lloyd 

I think that’s what it comes down to.  The writing was on the wall. The two newbies are likely to be an upgrade in team defense.  Frager is at least close to Rice offensively and Janowski is a great young all around player.  I don’t know how meaningful their contributions will be next season but they improve our roster with this trade immediately. 

And I liked both Rice and Lloyd as talents, but I like the newbs better. 

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Meh. If he was as good as we needed him to be, he would have been in the rotation commanding minutes all season long.

We'll see what kind of offers he gets, but I'd bet he's moving down a level.

He should move down a level and I’m guessing he won’t have a choice. Georgetown was his only other high major offer out of high school and I don’t think there’s anything he did this year that would make a high major team want to use a scholarship on him.