2024 Portal Watch

4 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Ramel Lloyd Jr. received two years of a great education and good scout-team experience. I'd say he and Bronny James can start their own college so they can be their bonafide star players. Maybe LeBron can accomplish that for his fellas.

Crazy that a kid ranked that high was here for 2 years and didn't log 1 minute.

3 minutes ago, bobcat402 said:

William Kyle III of So Dak St in the portal…  him, fiddler, and if the basketball gods are nice to us Hepburn solve a lot of our issues next season and being three homegrown talent home l wouldn’t mind that at all. Add in another 6-8 to 7 foot guy for depth 

Yeah, I mentioned that somewhere on here last night. Totally agree. It would be amazing to add a couple more B1G dudes to that trio... depending on how the numbers shake out, of course. GBR Always.

Edited by AuroranHusker

40 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I’ve learned over the years a high ranking doesn’t always guarantee success, I tends to, but a lot are misses….wish him well! 

Yeah.  Two examples that we recruited last year who went elsewhere and mostly rode the bench: Omaha Biliew (Iowa St.) and Simeon Wilcher (St. Johns).

Edited by Swan88

3 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Yeah.  Two examples that we recruited last year who went elsewhere and mostly rode the bench: Omaha Biliew (Iowa St.) and Simeon Wilcher (St. Johns).

Omaha got on a legit team and it’ll be interesting to see if he tries the portal. 

I really think Fred is gonna snag guys that will fit the system depending on how many open spots. Gonna be hard to land 3 local kids coming back, but I’d be okay with it.

4 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Need to bring William Kyle home. He's gonna have a lot of offers. He is turning into an absolute monster. Same dawg mentality as Allick, but a bit taller, more explosive and a lot longer.  6'9" with a 7'3" wingspan and 40+ inch vertical. I heard that he led the country in dunks this year. Can't figure out how to verify if that's true.  Summit League DPOY, first team all-conference, conference tournament MVP. Shoots 62% from the field and is a real rim protector. Humble kid, academic all-conference. I'd take him over Omoruyi or any other big in the portal and not because he's from Omaha. 

Saw William Kyle in the Omaha bracket. And that dude has a lot of bounce. Yeah, he's Allick on 'roids. lol - and, no, it's just a figure of speech, and not an indictment on W.K. in any way, shape, or form. He's a better version of Jo. I'd love that!!!!

12 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Need to bring William Kyle home. He's gonna have a lot of offers. He is turning into an absolute monster. Same dawg mentality as Allick, but a bit taller, more explosive and a lot longer.  6'9" with a 7'3" wingspan and 40+ inch vertical. I heard that he led the country in dunks this year. Can't figure out how to verify if that's true.  Summit League DPOY, first team all-conference, conference tournament MVP. Shoots 62% from the field and is a real rim protector. Humble kid, academic all-conference. I'd take him over Omoruyi or any other big in the portal and not because he's from Omaha. 

Agreed, to me he almost a must get because he upgrades that Allick role, and allows Mast ( if he returns) to be hidden on defense a little bit, and maximize energy on gang rebounding and offense, and than when we got small with (Gary also assuming he returns) that offense is even scarier, this would be a fantastic get 

18 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Both will likely be a big part of those teams' futures, though.

Perhaps.  But each was supposed to be a one-and-done—and both rarely saw the floor.  Signing a 5 star brings with it a responsibility to use and develop that talent—like Hoiberg did with Bryce McGowens.  Signing a 5 star and relegating him to the bench seems like a breach of trust of some sort for that player.  And it’s likely the last time a 5 star signs on with that coach?

19 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Perhaps.  But each was supposed to be a one-and-done—and both rarely saw the floor.  Signing a 5 star brings with it a responsibility to use and develop that talent—like Hoiberg did with Bryce McGowens.  Signing a 5 star and relegating him to the bench seems like a breach of trust of some sort for that player.  And it’s likely the last time a 5 star signs on with that coach?

Simeon Wilcher plummeted in the rankings his senior year for whatever reason. I don’t think he was at all expected to be a one and done by the time he set foot on campus.

Still, his lack of playing time through two years could be irking him.

21 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

The teams with Billew and Wilcher won 20 games and Hoiberg's won 10, so I'd play guys who earn their minutes.