2024 Portal Watch

52 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

I’m not sure about that. I don’t think that lineup would finish 6th-8th in the old Big 12, which is what Collier’s and Sadler’s teams tended to do. 

We had at least 1 2-win conference season under Sadler.

11 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Mast's teammate at Bradley shot 40% from 3 last season and his assist numbers indicate he'd work in our offense

Wonder what his defense is like. Averaged 1.2 steals per game last year which is more than anyone on our team. He also looks pretty jacked, so I doubt he gets pushed around by opposing guards.

Highlights showed he’s not just a spot up shooter. Good ball handler. And he did dunk on a fast break which isn’t always a given for a 6’3” guy.

2 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Have we reached the end of the drain?  How soon before we start to see the additions? 

Won't know until probably the fall semester starts.  Remember Andrew White left I think in July.

Okay I no longer hate the portal after watching Malique Ewin highlights. need that guy in scarlet and cream like I need air. athletic as hell, can finish over (on top) of people and his driving skills have a bit of derrick walker to them. Also looks to be a pretty elite rim protector. Add him/ William Kyle/ and the shooter from Bradley and I like to think thats a very solid squad competing for top 4 in the league again.

4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Sometimes you can piece together the reason a guy transfers when he gets to his new school and gets interviewed.

Here is a good get from the LJS from Amie Just in part because of the repoire she built with CJ

Had a girlfriend use the God excuse on me back in high school. Needless to say, that wasn't her real reason 😂

21 minutes ago, huskerkid21 said:

Okay I no longer hate the portal after watching Malique Ewin highlights. need that guy in scarlet and cream like I need air. athletic as hell, can finish over (on top) of people and his driving skills have a bit of derrick walker to them. Also looks to be a pretty elite rim protector. Add him/ William Kyle/ and the shooter from Bradley and I like to think thats a very solid squad competing for top 4 in the league again.

He seems like a really great talent. I wonder where his head’s at after his incident at Ole Miss. But if Fred thinks he’s a good fit in the locker room I’d be pumped to land him.

51 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Javian McCollum in the portal again. Interesting.

This type of transfer makes me stop and pause as we think about culture fit.  Someone who transferred to a team that was in the Top 25 for the majority of the season, started, and led the team

in scoring.  What else could he be looking for?

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

This type of transfer makes me stop and pause as we think about culture fit.  Someone who transferred to a team that was in the Top 25 for the majority of the season, started, and led the team

in scoring.  What else could he be looking for?

I'm leery of anyone that transfers more than once. Especially twice in two years. Think only exception would be someone like CJ who transferred then spent a considerable time at that destination before transferring again.