NCAA Tournament Watch

19 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

Are all remaining away games Q1/Q2?

For the time being.  If MIchigan continues their plummet, that could be a Quad 3 game.  And while I don't think they will plummet that far, Indiana has a relatively difficult final 7-8 games.   If they crater...they could get close.

16 minutes ago, nustudent said:

For the time being.  If MIchigan continues their plummet, that could be a Quad 3 game.  And while I don't think they will plummet that far, Indiana has a relatively difficult final 7-8 games.   If they crater...they could get close.

Matters very little how hard the schedule is.  It matters how they do relative to how they are expected to do.  

4 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Matters very little how hard the schedule is.  It matters how they do relative to how they are expected to do.  

Bart Torvik has them going 3-6 in their final 9.  His NET forecast has them finishing at 113.  So they'd stay a Quad 2 road game.  That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if they finish worse than that.

1 minute ago, tcp said:

I actually like a matchup with the Rams. I'd take this bracket happily. 

For sure, where we are looking to play right now it’s either the #1 or #2 seed in the second round, so unless we can take a huge jump into the 5-6 category we’re gonna have to scrap against some good teams anyway.  

18 minutes ago, Keenan9595 said:

For sure, where we are looking to play right now it’s either the #1 or #2 seed in the second round, so unless we can take a huge jump into the 5-6 category we’re gonna have to scrap against some good teams anyway.  

If I were a #1 seed I sure as hell wouldn't want to play Nebraska in the 2nd round. That's a brutal draw for them 😂

41 minutes ago, Keenan9595 said:

We're a program that has yet to win a *single* game in the tourney. I may be aiming my sights low--comes with th eterritory--but that's the monkey I want off our backs. I don't even bother past the first round. Anything after that is gravy. 

Edited by tcp

Important to note, Katz is making a prediction on where he sees things ending up.  Lunardi, to use another well known national journalist, has us as 9 seed if things started today.   Last year Lunardi ended up 67/68 on who got in, FWIW.

1 minute ago, Vinny said:

Important to note, Katz is making a prediction on where he sees things ending up.  Lunardi, to use another well known national journalist, has us as 9 seed if things started today.   Last year Lunardi ended up 67/68 on who got in, FWIW.

I've read/heard speculation that is based upon his final projection which comes out just an hour or two before the committee releases it.  Some talk insider info....

2 hours ago, cipsucks said:

I've read/heard speculation that is based upon his final projection which comes out just an hour or two before the committee releases it.  Some talk insider info....

I wouldn’t be surprised. Games are also going on until an hour or two before it’s released. So time might just be that tight to get all results in. At least for seeding, if not for who’s in and who’s out.

22 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Pretty safe to say that keeping all the Q1 wins that we can are important.

For a little perspective on this, the quad rankings did not being until the 2018-2019 season.  With one tournament cancelled because of Covid, I believe that means these rankings have been used for 4 NCAA tournament selections.  So, on average, one team per year has made it with fewer than two Q1 wins.  We have two Q1 games that will not drop below the threshold so we should be in the clear on this but the point remains that it's critical to accumulate high end wins.  A great opportunity tonight awaits.

22 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

For a little perspective on this, the quad rankings did not being until the 2018-2019 season.  With one tournament cancelled because of Covid, I believe that means these rankings have been used for 4 NCAA tournament selections.  So, on average, one team per year has made it with fewer than two Q1 wins.  We have two Q1 games that will not drop below the threshold so we should be in the clear on this but the point remains that it's critical to accumulate high end wins.  A great opportunity tonight awaits.

The two ‘21 teams were in that weird COVID year where not all teams had a normal schedule.