Games Of Note/Bubble Watch 2024

Results (3/6/24): A few double bubbles.  Interesting one in the Big 10.  Should MSU win, that’s our ticket to a possible 3rd place finish.  

• Big 10 Games
    • Northwestern 49 @ Michigan St 53
    • Indiana 70 @ Minnesota 58
  • Non-Con Opponents Games
    • NONE
  • Other Bubble/Seeding Games
    • Villanova 56 @ Seton Hall 66
    • TCU 93 @ West Virginia 81
    • FAU 80 @ North Texas 76
    • Miss St 69 @ Texas A&M 75
    • Fresno St 58 @ New Mexico 79

Games To Watch (3/7/24): Slower night outside of the PAC 12 and the lone B1G game.  A loss for Wisconsin here means they’d have to beat Purdue just to tie us should we lose.

• Big 10 Games
    • Rutgers @ Wisconsin
    • SC St @ NC Central
    • St Peter’s @ Rider
    • Fullerton @ UC Riverside
    • Utah @ Oregon St
    • Colorado @ Oregon

4 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Results (3/6/24): A few double bubbles.  Interesting one in the Big 10.  Should MSU win, that’s our ticket to a possible 3rd place finish.  

• Big 10 Games
    • Northwestern 49 @ Michigan St 53
    • Indiana 70 @ Minnesota 58
    • NONE
    • Villanova 56 @ Seton Hall 66
    • TCU 93 @ West Virginia 81
    • FAU 80 @ North Texas 76
    • Miss St 69 @ Texas A&M 75
    • Fresno St 58 @ New Mexico 79

Games To Watch (3/7/24): Slower night outside of the PAC 12 and the lone B1G game.  A loss for Wisconsin here means they’d have to beat Purdue just to tie us should we lose.

• Big 10 Games
    • Rutgers @ Wisconsin
    • SC St @ NC Central
    • St Peter’s @ Rider
    • Fullerton @ UC Riverside
    • Utah @ Oregon St
    • Colorado @ Oregon

I imagine much of Husker nation will be pulling for Rutgers tonight, but I think that’s unwise. A Q3 loss could have Wisconsin flirting dangerously close with the Q1 cut line. Better if they win tonight then lose at Purdue, as they should.

Edited by Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty

1 hour ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

I imagine much of Husker nation will be pulling for Rutgers tonight, but I think that’s unwise. A Q3 loss could have Wisconsin flirting dangerously close with the Q1 cut line. Better if they win tonight then lose at Purdue, as they should.

But it's so hard not to hope Wisconsin loses every game they play, plus a few more.

1 hour ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

But, what if...and hear me our here... one just can't stand Wisconsin and wants to see them lose regardless? 

I'm confident NU will handle business and earn that 3 seed; we ain't gettin' left out the dance. 

2 hours ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

Whether Wiscy losses or not doesn't impact us for the BTT as we control our own destiny. 

What does impact us is Wiscy remaining a Q1.

4 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Whether Wiscy losses or not doesn't impact us for the BTT as we control our own destiny. 

What does impact us is Wiscy remaining a Q1.

We control our destiny for the double bye. But we still need either a NW or Wiscy loss to get the 3 seed. Wiscy still plays at Purdue so we should be okay there.

Also a Wiscy loss would greatly help us for the 4 seed if we lose to Michigan.

Despite that I’m still rooting for Wiscy tonight for the Q1 status.

On 3/6/2024 at 11:14 AM, jimmykc said:
Let's hope his coaching trajectory is a bit steeper than this fellow Pius X grad and coach's son.    Patrick Nee accepts Allen County position - Northern Oklahoma - Tonkawa (nocmavs.com)         

He's quite proud of his father being at Nebraska. Patrick posts a lot about the legacy in the heartland. High level of respect!

Edited by AuroranHusker

Games To Watch (3/9/24): Conference season wraps up today/tomorrow for teams not in a tournament already.  Big one in B1G today.  KState with a chance to get back to Q1.  Duquesne with a chance to finish 10-8  in A10.  On the bubble we’ve got a fun slate.  I still think we’re nowhere near Last 4 In/First 4 Out.

• Big 10 Games
    • Minnesota @ Northwestern
    • Iowa St @ KState
    • G Washington @ Duquesne
    • Bethune @ Fl A&M
    • Colorado @ Oregon St
    • Northeastern @ Stony Brook
    • UC Irvine @ Fullerton
    • Memphis @ FAU
    • Georgetown @ St Johns
    • OU @ Texas
    • West Virginia @ Cincinnati
    • A&M @ Ole Miss
    • Creighton @ Villanova
    • South Carolina @ Miss St
    • South Fl @ Tulsa
    • Northern Iowa @ Illinois St
    • Colorado St @ Air Force
    • UCF @ TCU
    • Bradley @ Drake
    • Clemson @ Wake Forrest
    • Utah @ Oregon
    • NCSt @ Pitt
    • UCONN @ Providence
    • Ga Tech @ Virginia
    • New Mexico @ Utah St
    • DePaul @ Seton Hall
    • UNLV @ Nevada

33 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I honestly don't think there's much movement left for us, unless we beat Purdue or Illinois next week. Otherwise, it seems we're pretty much locked into an 8-10 seed.

Being neutral site games in the tourney, we’re likely looking at all quad 1 and 2 games by Friday. It feels like each Q1 win COULD move us up past 2-4 teams in the pecking order. Each Q2 win COULD move us up 1-2 teams, depending on how other teams in the 7-10 seed range fare as well. I don’t think a win this Sunday helps much, but could hurt obviously. 

We’re mostly 9 and 10 seeds on Bracketmatrix right now. So say we end up with three Q1 matchups and win them all next weekend. I think that COULD get us to the 6 seed range. And at the other end, we lose our next two, we’re sweating from next Friday night to Sunday afternoon. 

So I guess I can see movement either way still being possible.

4 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I honestly don't think there's much movement left for us, unless we beat Purdue or Illinois next week. Otherwise, it seems we're pretty much locked into an 8-10 seed.

which doesn't seem impossible to me. we beat 1 and nearly beat the other on the road. 

21 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Iowa State and/or KU will straighten it out and be back on the radar for Omaha. I think NU can still be there at either the 7-seed or 10-seed, depending on how things go in the next week or so. GBR Always.

I think Kansas pretty much has no shot at a 2 seed. Iowa State could if they go to the championship in their tourney. More likely they’re both 3 seeds in Omaha, so we’d need to snag a 6 or drop to an 11.

But I also think location predictions are pretty much a guessing game. They often send teams far away. There a lots of different requirements they have to juggle when setting up the bracket. No guarantee KU or ISU are in Omaha no matter their seed.

Edited by Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty

21 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

I think Kansas pretty much has no shot at a 2 seed. Iowa State could if they go to the championship in their tourney. More likely they’re both 3 seeds in Omaha, so we’d need to snag a 6 or drop to an 11.

6 seed it is!

I'd be surprised if the Committee put us in Omaha.  Not shocked, but surprised.

Edited by cipsucks

45 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

But I also think location predictions are pretty much a guessing game. They often send teams far away. There a lots of different requirements they have to juggle when setting up the bracket. No guarantee KU or ISU are in Omaha no matter their seed.

Someone mentioned that those 2 have very little chance, and I'd say they still have an opportunity. Same for Nebrasketball...

2 hours ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

It's easy to figure out where the top seeds are going as the top seeds go to the closest geographic location.