uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 20 - Ohio State

40 minutes ago, AGHANSEN said:

I though the game changed when CJ nailed two three in the corner off of inbound plays. Those two three put us up by nine and then we put the hammer down. CJ is playing at such a high level right now. He probably has a chance to win Big Ten 6th man of the year. 

Then and also in the 1st half when he came in during the first half and hit some shots when no one else was. Without that this game might have gone a completely different direction.

Watching the game today, it seemed to be much less stressful than listening to it sporadically last night. We were obviously the better team and they seemed to have no defensive clue as to how to stop us. The turning point to me was in the first half when we fouled a three-point shooter and he managed to miss all three free throws, then we hit a three-point shot. Kudos to C.J. and Mast, but it was a total team victory.   

I'm going to put it just to one fan, but the guy behind me at the game yesterday said that he was a Creighton fan.  He said that the other Creighton fans that he knows are glad they aren't playing us now...and that the way we have been playing we could beat Creighton the way they are playing now.  Again..this is just one person's opinion. 

29 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Watching the game today, it seemed to be much less stressful than listening to it sporadically last night. We were obviously the better team and they seemed to have no defensive clue as to how to stop us. The turning point to me was in the first half when we fouled a three-point shooter and he managed to miss all three free throws, then we hit a three-point shot. Kudos to C.J. and Mast, but it was a total team victory.   

Good observation.  That kid was under fire from the fans all night.  His last name is Bonner, but the name being methodically chanted all night was...BONER!!!  I am unsure whether that lead to his bad night or not.

1 minute ago, Nighthawk said:

I'm going to put it just to one fan, but the guy behind me at the game yesterday said that he was a Creighton fan.  He said that the other Creighton fans that he knows are glad they aren't playing us now...and that the way we have been playing we could beat Creighton the way they are playing now.  Again..this is just one person's opinion. 

My cousin, a Creighton alum, said the same thing. 

3 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

I don't think Keisei had a bad game, he wasn't given a game. I'm not second guessing anything, especially looking at how things turned out,  but he has had plenty of games start like that and then explode. Defensively I think he was Keisei. He got his hands on a couple balls and fouls were called that weren't really sending him to the bench. He only took 6 shots the whole game. I'm sure Ohio State would have been excited going in if they knew Keisei would be held to 6 shots. We don't need him to carry the offense this year and that's a good thing, but he can still carry the offense if given the chance. 

I thought it was more of Ohio St's gameplan and attacking him inside.  They were getting a lot of easy buckets against Kesei.  I think they had a good game plan of isolating him a bit and getting some easy baskets.  Haven't really seen him overwhelmed defensively in any other games like I did last night.  

2 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

I just want to say that I was pretty happy with the officials last night.  Game went fast and thought they called a pretty good game both ways.  Sure they missed a few but it was one of the better officiated games we have had.

As a frequent critic of refs I am happy to concur with this they didn't let it become a slug fest like so often happens.

8 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

I thought it was more of Ohio St's gameplan and attacking him inside.  They were getting a lot of easy buckets against Kesei.  I think they had a good game plan of isolating him a bit and getting some easy baskets.  Haven't really seen him overwhelmed defensively in any other games like I did last night.  

There were a few times early that he got caught on bad switches and they took advantage.  Unfortunately that’ll happen with the type of defense we run. 

There were a couple times Sam got rebounds in the 2nd half and reset the pace.  Which I thought was needed.  One was with 12 minutes to go and only a 7 point lead after a couple bad possessions.  The next shot was a Mast three.  Then the next was under 5 when we needed to take care of the ball.  Next shot was Mast for two.

I thought that was pretty heady.

Edited by cozrulz

1 hour ago, ConkintheCorner said:

I just want to say that I was pretty happy with the officials last night.  Game went fast and thought they called a pretty good game both ways.  Sure they missed a few but it was one of the better officiated games we have had.

Agreed, they called a couple travels early on pretty normal plays for both teams and I was wondering what shenanigans we’d see as the night wore on. Luckily that was the extent of it.