Is Hoiberg the coach of this team next year?

huskerbill85

Just now, hskr4life said:

I said last year… it was post season or bust for me… we opted for another year because we heated up towards the end of the year.

So I stayed that it was dancing or bust for me this year and I’m holding to that.

Same the roster looks good on paper and perhaps the question is premature given the amount of season left. I understand getting dog walked by Creighton but tonight was awful and that's not a good Minnesota team. It's hard to see progress at the moment 

3 minutes ago, Busch Light said:

Hard to know. Trev loves bringing back historically bad coaches. 

With Frost my understanding it might have been some out forces at play that forced him back. I'd argue this season is the year that Trev brought back the historically bad coach.

I hope this team can make a run like last year but the defense doesn't look nearly as good.

Just now, Busch Light said:

Because that’s what Trev does. Hoiberg will probably get another raise and we will enjoy another season of the Zooperstars and students from opposing teams sitting front row at our arena. 

Nah, he brought Hoiberg back this year when he had every right to fire him last year. Can’t happen again without Trev having egg on his face. 

I would be shocked if Hoiberg lasts beyond this year.  

3 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Nah, he brought Hoiberg back this year when he had every right to fire him last year. Can’t happen again without Trev having egg on his face. 

Exactly. He has a history of making poor decisions. He retained Frost and let Kalen DeBoer go and it was a such a bad decision he had to fire Frost after like three games. If Rhule works out though I would say he redeemed himself. Firing Hoiberg was a no-brainer. Historically bad coach at a historically bad basketball school. But hey, let’s bump him up to his old salary and let it fly. 

15 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

No way you should fire Hoiberg after last year, especially after firing the football coach.  It also helped that it looked like Hoiberg had learned how to win in this league.

It looks like he forgot it all this year.