Coaching Carousel 2024

41 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

With the hotbed of talent in Chicago how can DePaul not be better than what they are?  I know many on this board can remember the good teams they had in the 80's and 90's.

Their games since the 80s have been at arenas that aren't close to campus. Unless they get a Tim Miles-esque program builder it's likely going to be another coach who can't get Chicago kids to go to a Chicago University.

Pretty sure I saw their NIL collective (don’t know if it was whole school or just basketball) was in the ballpark of 200K too.  Which… in either situation just isn’t going to get it done in 2024.

Edit: Saw it here

Edited by hskr4life

43 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Their games since the 80s have been at arenas that aren't close to campus. Unless they get a Tim Miles-esque program builder it's likely going to be another coach who can't get Chicago kids to go to a Chicago University.

So, let the Tim Miles to DePaul rumors start up?

4 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

So, let the Tim Miles to DePaul rumors start up?

If he is the guy to rally up San Jose St. to greater heights, that to me, means that the Blue Demons' situation, he can be the one to do it in Northwestern's neighborhood. Think of the battles that Collins & Miles could make with Underwood for the city's better players who fall down to them from the Dukes, KUs, and North Carolinas of the world

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

With the hotbed of talent in Chicago how can DePaul not be better than what they are?  I know many on this board can remember the good teams they had in the 80's and 90's.

Junking the Meyers turned out to be the wrong move for DePaul. 

I was living in the Chicago area when Teddy Grubbs and Mark Aquire were playing for DePaul.  Around 1983, Grubbs was having personal problems and quite the team.  The Chicagoland coaches were not happy with the way the Grubbs situation was handled by DePaul and their  recruiting around the Chicago area to a big hit.

• 4 weeks later...

Ohio St started the season 12-2 (2-1). Since then, they're 2-11 for a total of 4 conference wins and solidly in 13th place. Their last six games are vs. Purdue, @Minnesota, @Michigan State, vs. Nebraska, vs. Michigan, and @Rutgers. They'll be lucky to post one more win. The Michigan game will be a contest of which team has quit the least.

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

Yikes Bucks probably knew this was coming.  Interesting time to do it though.  Came back and showed fight last night against Wisco and they had just beaten Maryland.

I guess the last thing you want to happen with a coach you want to fire is for him to catch fire at the end of the year.

43 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I figured they'd let Holtmann go, but what's the point of doing so in mid-Febr., let alone Valentine's Day? I thought they looked decent at Wisconsin, despite falling way behind, they forced their way back to a 62-54 defeat. The team seems to have competed hard, too.

18 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

It'll be interesting if any of the current players choose to portal within the 30 day window to get a jump start in the process. There is some talent on that team, and I really like Thornton and Gayle. Their wings in Middleton and royal are solid also. 

Ohio St. always has a plethora of talent, how they were used was baffling at times in the past few years. That's Chris Holtmann to figure it out & he never did... NU should definitely kick the tires on a big, PG, or a shooter, basically anyone talented enough for the Big Ten. lol