Keisei watch

uneblinstu

42 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

You might be siblings.

lol! I don't think it takes much to become an Admiral in the Nebraska Navy.

http://www.nebraskaadmirals.org/

"It is believed that several hundred thousand Admirals have been appointed. Many Nebraskans and visitors to our state have not heard of our navy; they have not heard of the waves of prairie schooners that at one time plied our plains under which lies our real wealth---Nebraska's under-ground sea."

39 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:
1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

You might be siblings.

lol! I don't think it takes much to become an Admiral in the Nebraska Navy.

http://www.nebraskaadmirals.org/

"It is believed that several hundred thousand Admirals have been appointed. Many Nebraskans and visitors to our state have not heard of our navy; they have not heard of the waves of prairie schooners that at one time plied our plains under which lies our real wealth---Nebraska's under-ground sea."

There's a joke in there somewhere about Admiral Navy Seamen and potentially being siblings, but I'll digress.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

I'd say the Olympic Games would be more important to the nation of Japan and their new star Keisei Tominaga than chasing stars in Vegas, but his next phase might be a bit more challenging to catch on with an NBA roster...

Japan will start the Olympics in a tough group that includes Germany, France, and the winner of the qualifying tournament in Latvia.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone care to opine on whether Keisei will get drafted tonight or tomorrow? Seems like it would be a good p.r. move for the proper team and he has definitely proven that he can shoot. I'll go out on a limb and say some team will take a chance on him tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Anyone care to opine on whether Keisei will get drafted tonight or tomorrow? Seems like it would be a good p.r. move for the proper team and he has definitely proven that he can shoot. I'll go out on a limb and say some team will take a chance on him tomorrow. 

I'd be very, very surprised if a team were to draft Tominaga.

15 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

He’s got a better chance than Bronny James. 

40 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

He’s got a better chance than Bronny James. 

Although, Bronny is supposed to go to Boston at the end of the first round as a hostage pick.  I am unable to explain that fully; but it has something to do with Boston having a full roster and they can possible use him to posture in the near future...

55 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Although, Bronny is supposed to go to Boston at the end of the first round as a hostage pick.  I am unable to explain that fully; but it has something to do with Boston having a full roster and they can possible use him to posture in the near future...

I was talking about this the other day with my wife who is a bigger NBA fan than college basketball fan. If you’re a team like the Spurs or Trailblazers with multiple early picks, why wouldn’t you use a mid second round pick on Bronny and get more back in a trade than the pick you just spent? You know he’s only trying to get to wherever his dad is.

1 hour ago, Vinny said:

I was talking about this the other day with my wife who is a bigger NBA fan than college basketball fan. If you’re a team like the Spurs or Trailblazers with multiple early picks, why wouldn’t you use a mid second round pick on Bronny and get more back in a trade than the pick you just spent? You know he’s only trying to get to wherever his dad is.

I think it’s the opposite.  Whoever drafts him is trying to lure his dad to their organization.  I’m guessing the Lakers take him in the 2nd round and LBJ retires a Laker.

Only other team Bronny worked out for was Phoenix, so you could see LBJ with KD, Booker, Ayton, CP3.  Mavs are also rumored as it’s totally something Mark Cuban would try.  

1 hour ago, Fullbacksympathy said:

I think it’s the opposite.  Whoever drafts him is trying to lure his dad to their organization.  I’m guessing the Lakers take him in the 2nd round and LBJ retires a Laker.

Only other team Bronny worked out for was Phoenix, so you could see LBJ with KD, Booker, Ayton, CP3.  Mavs are also rumored as it’s totally something Mark Cuban would try.  

I get that, I’m saying if an organization he hasn’t worked out for, I can pry get more value from drafting and trading him to a team his dad wants him on. 

Players get drafted into the NBA and paid by a franchise, but their employer is still the NBA and their employment is subject to terms of the CBA between the NBA and NBPA. He can go to any team, even if he refused to work out for them. 

Also, Ayton and CP3 are no longer in Phoenix.