Hoiberg Gets 11!

HuskerFever

Say what you want. We all know the bar is low. But Hoiberg got to 11 wins for the first time at Nebraska. And it was a game where the team had some fight in them from the very beginning.

Things will or won't happen in the offseason, but for now I'm going to recognize that we at least didn't have <=10 wins yet again. Onto the next one. Let's see a little magic the rest of the way, Hoiberg.

10 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

This team definitely has some pieces to work with next year.  Gary, Tominaga, Lawrence, Lloyd, Q. 

To play devils advocate….Gary has missed significant time the past 2 seasons, Tominaga is streaky, Lawrence has shown flashes, and Lloyd and Q have yet to play a minute of college ball. 

6 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

To play devils advocate….Gary has missed significant time the past 2 seasons, Tominaga is streaky, Lawrence has shown flashes, and Lloyd and Q have yet to play a minute of college ball. 

Yeah, that's spot on but I have seen enough of Gary, Tominaga and Lawrence to know they can compete in the BIG and be building blocks for the future.  Plus, Tominaga continues to get better and who would have thought a year ago he would be so crafty and one of our best finishes around the rim?  I suspect Lawrence continues to get better as well.  Gary is a dude and health willing, he will help.  As for Q, Lloyd and potential transfers, most of us wouldn't be Nebraska basketball fans if we weren't irrationally optimistic!

8 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Yeah, that's spot on but I have seen enough of Gary, Tominaga and Lawrence to know they can compete in the BIG and be building blocks for the future.  Plus, Tominaga continues to get better and who would have thought a year ago he would be so crafty and one of our best finishes around the rim?  I suspect Lawrence continues to get better as well.  Gary is a dude and health willing, he will help.  As for Q, Lloyd and potential transfers, most of us wouldn't be Nebraska basketball fans if we weren't irrationally optimistic!

I appreciate this take. It’s gotta all fall in to place eventually!

1 hour ago, 49r said:

One more win will guarantee a non-20 loss season.

I refuse to live in that world.  5 more wins puts us in a whole different category.  Why can't we? It's all what you believe in. 3 home games, a Rutgers team Tuesday who  just lost one of their front line players, and the Big Ten Tournament.  I see good things for this team yet this year!

9 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

I refuse to live in that world.  5 more wins puts us in a whole different category.  Why can't we? It's all what you believe in. 3 home games, a Rutgers team Tuesday who  just lost one of their front line players, and the Big Ten Tournament.  I see good things for this team yet this year!

Don't be ridiculous. That's like saying we'll go on a 10-0 scoring streak in overtime. ;)