I need a Texas A&M scout report, pronto!

I’m getting more and more excited for this matchup. How hot really is A&M right now? During their 5 game win streak, they beat a poor Georgia team, got a nice 6 point win on senior day against Miss State, beat Ole Miss twice and Kentucky in the SECT. Ole Miss and Kentucky both have defenses in the 130ish range. They were 15-13 prior to that win streak. 

“A&M will have the best player on the floor” is what I keep reading and hearing. Maybe. Or maybe we have four players better than Taylor IV. I do believe we’ve faced several better lead guards throughout Big Ten conference play. Players who are much more efficient, better shooters, better at creating for others and don’t turn the ball over as much. 

We need to rebound the way we did against indiana. Unless they come out and make an unusual amount of threes, we can handle them if we play our game. FWIW, I absolutely hated the Baylor matchup 10 years ago. Couldn’t convince myself to be optimistic about that one. 

I'm pretty ambivalent in confidence on this one.  

Common opponents were @OSU and PSU at home.

A&M eeked out a win on the road against OSU on the road and handled PSU at home.  

Nebraska got handled on the road against OSU and dominated PSU at home.

I do think their PG is the best PG we've seen this season.  He's special.  The rest of the team is scrappy and plays extremely hard.  I like their team.  Wildly different philosophies and body types.  It will really come down to our defense because I think we can score on them with decent execution.  I have no qualms with calling the game a tossup though.  

6 hours ago, TourneyBound said:

Guys I hate being overconfident!!  Let me go with the mindset that we are going to get screwed and lose then when we get the Victory it will be that much more gratifying!!

TBH I feel like we play better coming out of the half down 2 than we do up 10.

On 3/17/2024 at 10:25 PM, The Polish Rifle said:

I’m not gonna sleep this week. 

How’s it going for you? I’ve been doing everything I can to distract myself this week, including TRYING to stay off of here, but it’s creeping in now. It’s really creeping in, and I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep now.

50 minutes ago, Vinny said:

How’s it going for you? I’ve been doing everything I can to distract myself this week, including TRYING to stay off of here, but it’s creeping in now. It’s really creeping in, and I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep now.

No worries, we sleep in May

2 hours ago, Vinny said:

I am so jacked, I just booked my trip to see that formidable first NCAA win in Memphis with my bro, and we go to all the games together at PBA!!!!! I will *NOT* sleep until Monday!!!!!! GBR!!!!!!

Edited by AuroranHusker

1 minute ago, No Place Like the Vault said:

Spiro Dedes and Jim Spanarkel with Jon Rothstein being the sideline reporter 

Okay, I wondered that. I was listening to them for Grambling-Montana St. Nice duo & Rothstein loves him some Keisei Tominaga, expect a good feature on KT30!!

4 hours ago, Vinny said:

It's 11:00PM and I'm on here....

Honestly, it's a super weird feeling. I've been so accustom to Thurs/Fri of the 1st round being 2 days of carefree basketball watching. Having something on the line is foreign. 

11 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

It's 11:00PM and I'm on here....

Honestly, it's a super weird feeling. I've been so accustom to Thurs/Fri of the 1st round being 2 days of carefree basketball watching. Having something on the line is foreign. 

Right!?!  Can’t focus.  Trying to think of all the things that could go right— that we have going for us.  While also trying to block out the bad and our history.