Senior Night

1 hour ago, throwback said:

I'm extremely -- and pleasantly -- surprised more guys aren't walking. Hopefully a good sign. And I'd be pretty surprised if CJ doesn't return as well.

I get a feeling this could mean he has his sights set on joining his brother at St. John’s. Or at least he’s considering it. I don’t know why he’d walk if he knew he was coming back.

Not gonna lie though, this possibility stings less after his fall from grace since the Wisconsin game. And overall great news the other guys aren’t walking.

11 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

I get a feeling this could mean he has his sights set on joining his brother at St. John’s. Or at least he’s considering it. I don’t know why he’d walk if he knew he was coming back.

Not gonna lie though, this possibility stings less after his fall from grace since the Wisconsin game. And overall great news the other guys aren’t walking.

Could want to walk because he earned a degree and that’s about being student, not an athlete.

24 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

I get a feeling this could mean he has his sights set on joining his brother at St. John’s. Or at least he’s considering it. 

And play for that prick?  IF the two brothers play together next year, my money is on it'll be in Lincoln. 

Edited by cipsucks

2 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

And play for that prick?  IF the two brothers play together next year, my money is on it'll be in Lincoln. 

Eh, they’re playing incredible ball since his comments. Which were obviously meant to motivate his team, and it worked. Sometimes being a prick is the right button to push.

But yes I could definitely see Simeon transferring to Lincoln. Would be cool.

16 hours ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

If Rick is looking for lateral defensive quickness I’m not sure CJ will be his first call though and I love CJ.

22 hours ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

Eh, they’re playing incredible ball since his comments. Which were obviously meant to motivate his team, and it worked. Sometimes being a prick is the right button to push.

But yes I could definitely see Simeon transferring to Lincoln. Would be cool.

In hindsight he’s trying to play it off as he was trying to motivate them. If you watched in real time you could tell he was just angry and lost his 

shit.  Seems to have done some excellent damage control. 

1 minute ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

My memory is foggy. Didn’t Coach Nee do a senior start tradition for a while?? I remember something like that….

I don't remember if Nee did that but I remember Miles doing it, at least one year with I think David Rivers or.a role player along those lines.  Having said that, I hope Boogie only sees the floor for the final minute when we are up 20.

On 3/1/2024 at 5:52 PM, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

It's something I've sort of thought about, especially since it's back home, but given what Rick said at his presser about needing defense and toughness essentially, not sure CJ is the guy I'd look at. 

I did wonder about the inverse happening, but given Rick's comments about simeon, think he'll stay